Making Your Yard Dog-Friendly
In the excitement of preparing to adopt a dog, there are so many things to think about-everything from a bed to food to toys. If you have a fenced-in yard, you may want to consider some simple additions to make it a haven you and your new best friend can enjoy together. Our friends at Beneful have these tips for transforming your yard into a pooch's paradise.
- When planning your homemade hideaway, think about the things that you and your four-legged friend might enjoy doing together.
- Although it's easy to get excited about all the possibilities, keep it simple and avoid overpowering your yard with playthings.
- Include elements that both of you can enjoy, such as a sandbox or wading pool, open play area, or shady spot to relax.
- Give your canine pal options, such as places to be warm or cool, or a variety of surfaces (hard and soft.)
- Include places to indulge in favorite activities like fetch, flying disk, or king of the hill.
Most importantly, keep it fun! Having a special place to relax and enjoy each other's company will help strengthen the bond between you and your new family member even more.
"Making Your Yard Dog-Friendly" originally appeared on Petfinder.