Dog Home Alone Breaks Rules and Loves It

More on PawNation: Behavior, Cute, Dogs, Funny, Training

Dogs are smart enough to know what their owners do and don't allow. It takes only a few stern "no" commands for most canines to figure out that something is forbidden. But some owners still get paranoid. "Sure, my dog follows the rules under my watchful eye," they think, "but what about when I leave the house? Do they break the rules when they think they can get away with it?" According to this video, yes. They break the rules hard and love every second of it.

MORE ON PAWNATION: What Type of Pet Parent Are You?

Buddys Best

My little Buddy (As I name my little and cutie dog) is so smart that past few days she easily understanding more than just basic command and I am super proud that she can even be left home alone for a few hours without me worrying about her ... As it helps that I was able to trained her with the help of some links that I took advice seriously and I would like to share with you what has been effectively working for us with Buddy .. here it is ... http://www.myfunpetlife.com/dog-training-in-your-home :-)

December 07 2014 at 8:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
boogeym2

What the Hell is it with all the cat haters? Not to mention the animal abusers. I wish there was an exterminator for these people. I'd pay top dollar!

March 25 2014 at 7:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kbg88

Dogs are highly sensitive to "fairness". With the cat being allowed on the bed, and the dog not being allowed on the bed - voila! UNFAIR. and the dog doesn't respond to statement
"life isn't fair" which was my standard comment to my kids when accused of not being fair.
This is such a super video...the music puuuurfect. I loved the cat swipe near the end when the dog was disturbing its resting place.

In reading comments, another issue that humans of animals don't seem to honor is loneliness and boredom. Humans go to work and leave a puppy or do alone and the dog rips up the couch or paper or whatever. All dogs want is to be with their human. So it is better to get two dogs or like in this case a cat and dog...someone to relate to until the human returns. I also believe in sequestering a dog in a certain area where they can look out the window/door for entertainment. Leaving a dog where they "can" rip up things isn't wise. Ask the Dog Whisperer.
Thank for sharing this video. I was certainly entertained.

March 23 2014 at 8:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Susie

So the dog isn't allowed on the bed, but that hairy piece of vermin is? If I were the dog I would have offed the cat, then puked it up on that witch's bedspread!

March 22 2014 at 6:14 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Susie's comment
boogeym2

Are you serious? You need help, lady. The only vermin I see here is you and your comment.

March 25 2014 at 6:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
schlauger1

They know when they've screwed up, but at the time the temptation is just too much.

The Boston Terrier cracked me up because a friend has two of them, brother and sister, nearly six years old and they are constantly into things. She has to be careful when she leaves the house about de-terriering the house or she'll come home to a disaster every time.

Those little bug-eyes are among the dumbest dogs I've ever seen, especially the male. I love the female. She's got that classic Boston I'm-so-sad look all the time. She doesn't like most people, but she's taken a shine to me.

March 22 2014 at 11:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Charenelle

The cat could care less about him pouncing around on the bed. It seems to not ever be affected by it. It is so funny. lol.

March 22 2014 at 6:09 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Gailsunday

In reading some of these comments.....Whether the video is considered fake or not, which is weird to think anway, the dog IS doing this, and it was nice of the owners to share with others to bring some pleasure to their lives. It is unfortunate that so many people feel the need to belittle, deride, judge, express mean spirited, or cruel unfeeling, abusive, unintelligent remarks. In reality this is just a reflection their of own lack of character, immaturity, and quality and shows the speaker is not seeing themselves as other see them Beside what does this type of communication, action or mode of expression get one? It certainly doesn't win any friends, make ones life better, improve the quality of life for oneself or anyone else, and generally really only makes the speaker more dissatisfied with themselves and their life and those unfortunate enough to share their sphere of influence... gets old....fast....but not fast enough...please consider before passing on to others more negativity ...what one gives is what one gets....If a negative attitude is what is reflected out that is exactly what is reflected back at one.....and what is attracted...

March 22 2014 at 1:32 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
Lorraine

Years ago when my husband and I first got married we lived in a small apartment. A little tiny puppy was abandoned where we both worked. We couldn't resist the little bundle of gray fur and took her home. Come to find out she was a weimeraner and black lab mix, so she didn't stay tiny for long! We had a galley style kitchen and blocked off the only entrance with a large piece of plywood. Well I guess Peanut got bored and jumped the blockade. She destroyed the livingroom! I mean the couch, lamps (still don't know where the lightbulbs went!), you name it she ate it. When we got home from work we 1st thought we'd been burglarized, because little Miss Peanut had jumped back into the kitchen. She was sitting there wagging her tail and smiling. I could just hear her thinking...wasn't me, I was in here the whole time!! Needless to say we moved into a house with a huge backyard when our lease was up. She was very happy to be able to run free all day and then be inside when Mom and Dad were home!!!

March 22 2014 at 12:36 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
hhdcranch

lol the cat was like .....wtf kind of drugs is this dog on?

March 21 2014 at 7:45 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Kay

I still chuckle at what my dog did when he was still just a puppy under a year old. He was good at staying home with his brother cat until the day the cat opened my closet door for the dog. I had left over yarn in there, which the dog decided was a great new toy. I came home to yarn through out my house, under the kitchen table, around the chairs, down the hall and around things in the living room. The cat was sitting on his perch on top of the entertainment center watching the dog having fun. This happened twice and yes I do know that I had closed the closet doors and that my cat knew how to open them because I have watched him do so. Then after I dog proofed the closet I came home one day to t-paper strewn down the hall from three rolls of paper. One roll had a large chunk taken out of it! I could not figure out where the dog got the paper because I had removed the rolls from the dispensors in the bathrooms. Then I discovered how he got the paper, the cat again! This time he opened the vanity doors in my bathroom so the dog could take the rolls of paper out to play with! I always thought I was puppy proofing my home but that darn cat always found ways for that dog to get into more trouble! I didn't get too upset though, they both loved each other and played together every day, chasing each other around the house and wrestling and rolling around on the living room floor. I always was afraid the cat would hurt the dog because he would grab a roll of skin in his mouth, but the dog never cried and if the cat did pinch and the dog yelped, the cat would let go right away and jump up. After losing the dog, the cat now walks around the house giving me that deep meow looking for his friend and now he often dares me to chase him. Which I sometimes do.

March 21 2014 at 5:08 PM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Kay's comment
kclcn

I hope you get another dog..

March 21 2014 at 5:53 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply