By Patrick Mahaney
Feb 24, 2014
Q: Are lilies really a serious danger to cats?
People's toxin paranoia's drive me nuts. Everyone seems to have their little pet myth. As this excellent article by Dr. Wysong explains (http://www.wysong.net/pet-health-and-nutrition/wysong-products-and-toxins.php), there are toxins everywhere and we can't avoid them. The dose makes the poison.
Yeah its okay to give you dog a musketeer bar and a kit kat bar, with small amounts is fine, why because its not real chocolate. Try giving your dog even a fun sized candy amount of dark chocolate and you'll be planning a funeral.
Hoppy is a 16 year old min pin. I'll give him small pieces of chocolate occasionally with no problems. I know the little bugger has ran off with full size candy bars before. He doesn't eat anything in excess and .has never had any problems. His decision! There's been enough times where he could have eaten himself sick....my fault.
My hubby's cat that he loved dearly ended up dying BECAUSE of one of the medicines the vet prescribed. Every time we gave it to him, he vomited up everything in his stomach. He was already losing wt. so this just ended up doing him in.I no longer trust doctors OR vets. They are all about giving you pills that have terrible side effects. I have healthcare ins. and now that I am off all but one Rx, I plan to see my dr. as seldom as possible.I will never take an animal to the vet UNLESS it gets hit by a car.
K wait. You gave a cat one pill that made her/him terrible sick, so then you continue to give such cat medicine again and again despite seeing the symptoms. The doctor didn't kill the cat, your foolish selves who continued to give cat such medication despite its suffering that killed that cat. Its your fault.
isnt it sad how all you dumbas## get off the subject
We had to take our dog to get his stomach pumped after he ate an entire box of chocolates. He weighed about 80 lbs. and he could not walk and his heart rate was very slow.So, you guys go ahead and do what you are doing, but is someday your dog doesn't wake up in the morning, you will know why.
You shouldn't be allowed to own pets.
My two American bull terrier's love chocolate we don't give it to them all the time. My male is 4 and a half and the female is 5 both are healthy and go to the vet for regular check ups, . Like everything in life if you abuse it there are consequences. My two dogs favorite dessert is Butterfinger ice cream.
My ol' **** dog is sittin' at my feet raht naw. He jus' ate uh chunk'a milkyway and it seems to soot him fine. I give him a treat if we bag a **** out huntin'. He's only 15 year old tho so I don' no how it wood affects him later in life.
I have to disagree. I had a German shepherd who ate chocolateffrequently. Enjoy ed cake and ice cream for his birthday as well as all of ours. He was 1 month shy of his 14th birthday. Thatsa long living shepherd I work at a vetveterinary clinic and see many of these dogs with hip problems. My booker never had any issues till he was about 11. He developed fluid on the lungs and we put him on furosemide tablets and he lived 2 more years. He always ate scraps and enjoyed our treats.
"How dangerous is chocolate to dogs really?" The only headline more stupid than this one is this one: "Pet Danger Myths Debunked" I read each panel thoroughly and each one, after rationalizing and hemming and hawing, concluded that the subject food in question was NOT good for your pet!! PERIOD!! No food was deemed safe and no myths were debunked, so why the cutesy headline from AOL and the equally inane headline from PawNation? BRAIN DAMAGE!! Their writers all suffer from some form of dementia!
My cousins Yorkie ate a Reese's peanut butter cup and died.