Animal Myths You Probably Thought Were True

pet myths debunked More on PawNation: Animal Myths, Awesome, Birds, Bulls, Dogs, Mice, Rabbits

It is fairly common knowledge that seven dog years are equal to one human year. But guess what? That's a myth! Dog years are much better determined by their weight. All dogs fall into either a small, medium or large category based on their body size. The giant Great Dane, for example, is much older in human years than a Chihuahua. A 10-year-old Great Dane can be a whopping 80-90 in human years. They surely look a lot better than we do at that age, huh? Watch the video below to learn why mice don't actually like cheese and other mind-blowing animal myths you would have bet money were true. Be sure to thank us in the comments for saving you a pretty penny!

Animal Myths You Probably Thought Were True
----------
MORE ON PAWNATION: Pet Danger Myths Debunked

Comments

Jonna

my cocker lived to be 14 he lived on chocolate lol true story

February 22 2014 at 8:27 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
quincy_maxwell

What I am sick of are these losers that keep getting on here talking about someone in their family that made such and such by doing something stupid and asinine that no one is interested in. Hey AOL.....try hiring some writers and moderators please !!

February 22 2014 at 7:19 PM Report abuse +7 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to quincy_maxwell's comment
Kingfisher Farm

quincy_maxwell: If you are talking about the jerks that claim a family member made a certain amount of money by doing whatever, I could not agree more. It has gotten out of hand, and what I can't figure out is why AOL does not monitor and delete all of those sorts of posts.

February 22 2014 at 10:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Annie

Yes I would rather read than watch a video on aol... I think all of us can READ

February 22 2014 at 7:07 PM Report abuse +10 rate up rate down Reply
jm2masse

anyone know what song is playing in video?

February 22 2014 at 7:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to jm2masse's comment
Laginaj

If you look at the credits at the end it says what song it was.

February 22 2014 at 9:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
anitaxhp1

I worked just over 8 hours just staring out the window and made over $1.4 billion HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

February 22 2014 at 6:33 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
neena129

sick and tired of having to deal with aol 's advertising when I see an article I'm interested in. I either scroll down so I don't have to look at it or just click out. I am even getting tired of doing that. I know I can check things on line without AOL. I like and appreciate the aol format and the variety of articles they present, but it is increasingly not worth the effort.

February 22 2014 at 6:08 PM Report abuse +8 rate up rate down Reply
Linebacker

As soon as ad starts, I close the page and stop reading about the article. Besides, usually nothing AOL prints is that interesting or it's about what a wonderful president the obama is.

February 22 2014 at 5:45 PM Report abuse +5 rate up rate down Reply
gatlaw

My malamute/lab Jessie is turning 6 in April. She was (and is) gorgeous. Mostly black with a lustrous coat. She does not like bathing but has absolutely NO odor. She is turning grey/white around her muzzle. She weighs around 85 lbs though I am trying to reduce her weight. Not easy. (She could have been named "Anita"). She loves food. I am feeding her a raw diet with supplements. Other than TWO TPLO procedures on her knees she is absolutely perfect in every way. Sweet, intelligent, loving and loyal. 99.9% human in her interactions. Everyone who has the good fortune to meet her all come away loving her for her personality and good looks! I am going to end this and give her a big hug and a rub. Bye.

February 22 2014 at 4:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sam I Am

Let me guess, youpeople who complain about the ads download all your music and movies for free because you don't believe the people who work hard to create and produce them deserve to be paid either.

February 22 2014 at 1:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
martinchristiant

I agree. sick and tired of all the ads and having to watch a video when all I want to do is read an article.. Do they think we are stupid and can't read!?

February 22 2014 at 12:50 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to martinchristiant's comment
King & Di

I agree also .. I think Aol should consider changing their name from America Online to Ads online...

February 22 2014 at 5:03 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply