Stray Cat Attacks Woman in the Snow

the daily dish More on PawNation: Attack, Cat Attack, Cats, Scary

A woman in Melvin, Mich., fell victim to a vicious cat attack after she attempted to shoo away a stray feline that was bothering her mother's dog. She kicked snow at the aggressive cat, hoping it would stop confronting the dog. Instead, the cat responded by charging at the woman baring its teeth and claws, according to WJBK-TV.

A security camera captured footage of the attack. The victim reported that she had taken in the stray during the summer. She said the cat, whom she named Buddy, had been "sweet as pie." But Buddy appeared to be anything but sweet when he leapt at the woman, sinking his teeth into her forehead and clawing at her face.

Along with a trip to the hospital, the victim also suffered a cellulitis infection, causing her face to swell up. County officials captured Buddy to conduct a rabies test, for which the cat had to be euthanized because brain tissue is necessary for the procedure. He subsequently tested negative for rabies.

sechlers

that poor poor cat! it was trying to protect itself! whats wrong with people? what a crying shame that the CAT had to be put down. that "lady" was so so wrong!

January 12 2014 at 10:56 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
Barry

OMG. That was hysterical, I laughed so hard I had tears coming down my face. It's a shame the poor cat was euthanized, but I'm glad that it got it's revenge on her for abusing it.

January 03 2014 at 5:26 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Barry

I was laughing so hard at this video. It's a shame the poor cat was euthanized, But it did get it's revenge for being abused by her.

January 03 2014 at 5:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brenda

I have two cats that were strays that I have raised for about 5 years from kittens. Best cats in the world.

January 02 2014 at 6:05 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Anne

This poor, cold and most likely starving cat was only trying to get "home" and warm and this idiot decided her sweater-wearing dog was scared of this cold, tired kitty and decided to defend the dog. She got what she deserved. She did not have to take it as far as she did. Why not bring the dog in the house if she thought it was in danger -- she sure left the dog fast enough, outside by itself, when she got her ass kicked by the cat, running inside holding her head, crying. She didn't care about her dog then. She didn't even turn around to see if the cat was going to beat her dog's ass next -- she just ran in the house. This idiot should have been fined for animal abuse because she could have walked away, but kept on kicking snow in its face. She instigated the entire thing. I hope she has a big nasty scar on her head that aches every time she brushes her hair, so that she screams out in pain, always remembering the death she caused because she abused that cat. She could have called Animal Control and had the cat picked up and adopted out into a forever home. How confused this poor cat probably was. She probably went off her medication and the "monsters" came out again. One day she liked and fed the cat, and the next day she is chasing it away and kicking snow in its face. She definitely needs to be checked out at her local mental clinic for manic depression before she does this to another animal. I wonder if she has a history of this. She should not be allowed to have any animals if she is this unstable. Too bad this wasn't a bear and then she really would have gotten more than her ass kicked. I hope she remembers this for the rest of her life and is tormented by her actions every day of her life. Maybe the cat will come back as a ghost and kick her ass every night for the rest of her life. The dog had more sense than she did, at least it stayed in the yard.

January 01 2014 at 3:05 PM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
mesager42

The woman is a first class liar if she said that she took the cat in, but never got it to the vet for a rabies vaccination. She deserves to be scarred for the rest of her fat ugly life for what she did to that cat if the dog was merely barking at the cat due to it being around and wanting in out of the weather. The dog has a coat on it, while the poor kitty gets snow thrown on it. What kind of idiot doesn't know that cats hate getting wet - especially a very cold wet? She deserved everything that cat dished out and more. Cats are territorial creatures. If she ever fed the cat or gave it any reason to believe that she was its owner and started abusing it - that cat had every reason to attack her. It's in a better place, but she should be banned from ever getting near a cat again.

December 28 2013 at 1:00 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
pearlnestor1

They said the woman had taken in the cat? Then why was it still without a home? I'm thinking the cat was jealous of the dog and was trying to get back into the household. Don't take in strays unless you are willing to give them a home! Last stray I took in, Hunter, was with me for 20 years, he lived to be 21, died in my arms. Best cat I ever had, through thick and thin we were together, outlasted every car, every job, every relationship, etc.. I ever had. I still miss him everyday, if there's a heaven, I hope to be there with him. Wouldn't be heaven without my old Hunter.

December 28 2013 at 12:29 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
asadlier9

That woman is a nasty piece of work. Poor cat. She disgusts me!

December 28 2013 at 12:06 AM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply