Dog Breeds You Probably Don't Know Exist

More on PawNation: Breeds, Dog Breeds, Dogs

We know you love dogs, but no one expects you to know every breed. There are way too many. Some don't exist anymore, and more are being created or recognized all the time. We'll let you in on a secret: Not even we know every single dog breed. Still, there are some really cool yet obscure breeds you might not know, but probably would love. From Tibetan Mastiffs to Pumis and more, here are 10 dog breeds you probably don't know exist.

Dog Breeds You Probably Don't Know Exist

TEST YOUR PUPPY KNOWLEDGE! TAKE OUR QUIZ:

Puppies

independent thinker

pitbulls are dangerous dogs!

December 02 2013 at 9:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
3 replies to independent thinker's comment
wenend9561

ADOPT and then teach your children and dog proper manners and they are all safe

December 02 2013 at 8:39 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
larry

I see Nancy Pelosi made the ranks once again. She's the Bedlington Terrier.

December 02 2013 at 4:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Walt

THE RIDGEBACK YOU SHOWED IS A DERIVITIVE FROM AFRICAN EXPLORES LETTING THEIR REAL RHODESIAN RIDGEBACKS BREED WITH THE LOCAL DOGS IN INDONESIA OR THAT AREA. REAL RIDGEBACKS ARE THE BEST.

December 02 2013 at 2:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Amber Scida

I have never met an animal I didn't love!! Humans? That's another story.

December 02 2013 at 1:51 PM Report abuse +8 rate up rate down Reply
Scott Dramamine

Woof!

December 02 2013 at 1:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
crazy ray

What, no PBGVs?

December 02 2013 at 12:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
twcolina

don't breed adopt!

December 02 2013 at 12:06 PM Report abuse +7 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to twcolina's comment
lamikins1

Comma's are our friends. "Don't breed, adopt!" Now I understand.

December 02 2013 at 6:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to lamikins1's comment
pietra38

I have always been a fan of the semi colon however; I like a good comma now and then :)

December 02 2013 at 8:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down
DWheatley83

Love dogs... Had a chow chow for years... she was sooo sick before she left me and crossed over. I still dream of her.. she is still with me...

December 02 2013 at 11:48 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
hlmurphy413

What about the Black Mouth Cur? I never heard of them till I got one. She is a doll and a good family/hunting dog.

December 02 2013 at 11:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply