Thanksgiving Leftovers You Should Never Feed Your Dog

More on PawNation: Dogs, Health, Nutrition, Safety, Thanksgiving

On and after Thanksgiving, your dog is hoping for a smorgasbord of table scraps. You should feel OK about sharing, as long as you use moderation and share the right things. What are the wrong things? Basically, anything fatty, sugary or salty. But there are plenty of healthy vegetables you can slip under the table to Rex. Watch the video below for details.

Thanksgiving Leftovers You Should Never Feed Your Dog

TEST YOUR PUPPY KNOWLEDGE! TAKE OUR QUIZ:

Puppies

Robert

Dogs, cats need meat. They are predators. Leave salads and brocoli for cows, dear doctor. Let me guess. Are you wegetarian?

November 29 2013 at 2:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lhamner

Dogs are predators. Why do humans constantly try to make vegetarians out of carnivores and omnivores?

November 29 2013 at 1:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to lhamner's comment
suealiaim

dogs are more scavenger than predator...and they are not obligate carnivores like cats.

November 29 2013 at 1:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Penny Titus

WOW! i have a shih tzu and a chichuacua and they eat almost all table food. their sunday dinner is rice and gravy mix with string bean, greens, okra/tomato, corn, pieces of meat such as chicken, turkey, smother short ribs. sometimes barbque beef or ribs bone with meat. my shih tzu loves to chew on ice. my shih tzu is so greedy and over weight, he eats what i eat and his dog food and he being doing this for years. he is fourteen human years old. my chichuaqua want eat dog food. she holds out and wait on me. after looking the video i am going to do everything in my power to stop. I LOVE MY POOCHS. PENNY R TITUS houston, texas

November 29 2013 at 1:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wardoc1950

feed my two chihuas rare roast beef, green beans or broccoli or salad plus little low fat cheese. weight is stable so are they. one is blind, see same vet every year.

November 29 2013 at 1:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
superponty

You all can keep listening to this crap but let me know when you find a wild k9 thats a vegetarian. We do not share the same diet just get past it. People like this clown keep passing this type of information like it real and have convinced people they know something. Let me know when someone gets a wolf chasing down a damn potato on film.

November 29 2013 at 12:58 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Ted Williams

amen

November 29 2013 at 12:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lov2elkhnt

Folks, do you really love your pet enough to save his life from your spoiling the pet? Listen to your vet and know what you can and can't give the little guy! Damn it! Ever heard of pancreatic disease? Don't be such a lover of your little blessing you kill the buddy! Bird meat is fine if you pick every damned bone and ligament out so as not to choke your buddy. All sugar free or low cal diet stuff has chems that are poison to dogs. When you share your plate, clear what you give your best friend with a smart Vet and look up pet stuff online or you could be giving your best pal and family member a death sentance with your love for them.

November 29 2013 at 12:04 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Carl

I prefer text to video. Computer time is Quiet time for me.

November 28 2013 at 10:41 PM Report abuse +7 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Carl's comment
proteus12544

I agree. I never even turn my speakers on. I never watch the videos. Some of us do prefer to read!

November 29 2013 at 12:48 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to proteus12544's comment
suealiaim

especially when you have to listen to a couple of knuckleheads like these two!

November 29 2013 at 1:44 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down
dkhncboy

i am stopping looking at the video because i don't want to watch the ad, on the page beside of the video is ok, but we are getting many ADS

November 28 2013 at 10:34 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to dkhncboy's comment
brent

I use this and I love it as there are no more ads. It is free... https://adblockplus.org/en/firefox

November 29 2013 at 2:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rleesue

I thought broccoli was a no no for dogs as is turkey skin, why no mention of that but I agree with others a list would really have been nice. While I realize ads are important could we make them shorter and not have them between EVERY story.

November 28 2013 at 10:03 PM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to rleesue's comment
metalgddess

Broccoli is a no-no for dogs. It causes crystals to form in the kidneys in some breeds. My friend has two maltese dogs who died because of this.. Most vets will say that only some breeds have problems with kidney crystalization but i say why mess with it at all..

November 28 2013 at 11:22 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to metalgddess's comment
suealiaim

if you're referring to struvite crystals in the urine, they can be broken up with vitamin c.

November 29 2013 at 1:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down