Turkeys Take Over New York Neighborhood

the daily dish More on PawNation: Birds, Turkeys

Hundreds, even thousands of turkeys have been taking over Staten Island over the past 13 years. The birds swarm people's yards and they roam the streets, stopping traffic.

"They're not afraid of nothing no more," said resident Mary Jane Froese. "They got so used to everything; they're like one of us."

And the turkey nuisance is about more than traffic woes. "My father would like to sit out here without stepping in poop," Froese said.

Watch the video below to see how bad this Staten Island turkey situation really is.

Turkeys Take Over New York Neighborhood

Celina Roy

as Thelma responded I didn't know that a mom can earn $4147 in one month on the internet. check this site out …❤❤❤www.bay91.com❤❤❤

November 30 2013 at 1:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SANDYCDT

A wild turkey would be healthier to eat than the "Franken-turkeys" that are produced by Butterball. These turkeys have bred naturally, eaten what a turkey is meant to eat and have not been pumped with growth hormones or genetically engineered. I wish I had this problem...

November 22 2013 at 1:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sharm

there is alot of hungry people out there that would really appreciate a turkey sanwich.

November 22 2013 at 1:08 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
SNUFFY

What with the food shortage for the homeless why the hell is this a problem? Eat the damn things stupid people.....

November 22 2013 at 1:07 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Snowy

i'd be having a lot of bird in my freezer for sure!

November 22 2013 at 12:35 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Snowy's comment
stoneman936

I'd be ------------------- What school taught you to speak like that ?????
Go to an English class and learn English...........stupid.

November 22 2013 at 12:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to stoneman936's comment
pwgiii

Hey, Lighten up some stoneman..

November 22 2013 at 1:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down
abourge458

It's informal but good enough for Merriam Webster dictionary:
Definition of I'D

: I would : I had : I should
First Known Use of I'D
circa 1592

November 22 2013 at 2:07 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down
mysticgnt

If you relly want to get rid of the turkey; Simple: Have a catch your own bird for thanks giving....LOL

November 22 2013 at 11:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
billseef4

i thought congress was still in session. what are they doing in staten island?

November 22 2013 at 11:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
arenadood

Break out your Bows and hunt them down. Wild Turkey is great eating.

November 22 2013 at 11:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DOC

Staten Island has always had more that its share of turkeys.

Doc

November 22 2013 at 11:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
airamrka

Get back to me. "Have Gun, Will Travel."

November 22 2013 at 11:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply