World's Deadliest Spider: What You Need to Know

the daily dish More on PawNation: Scary, Spiders

The Brazilian wandering spider is considered the world's most venomous spider. Usually found in South and Central America, these toxic arachnids recently made their way to England after hopping a ride on some imported bananas. The unwelcome guests not only failed to bring their travel visas, but they also forced a London family to vacate its home. The bite from a Brazilian wandering spider is 30 times more deadly than that of a rattlesnake.

The World's Deadliest Spider: What You Need to Know

JessicaCrow

my friend's mother-in-law makes $89/hr on the internet. She has been fired from work for five months but last month her pay check was $20837 just working on the internet for a few hours. Look At This JobsZZ.com

January 15 2014 at 4:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to JessicaCrow's comment
stevenburman

Yes, but what she has to do with those donkeys just isn't worth $89 per hour. I'd want a lot more.

February 18 2014 at 10:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Celina Roy

Ellie. I agree that Antonio`s st0rry is super, last friday I got a brand new audi after having made $7224 this past month and over 10-k this past-month. with-out any doubt it's the easiest work I have ever done. I started this five months/ago and practically straight away was bringing home minimum $81, per hour. why not try this out…❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥www.bay91.com

November 30 2013 at 1:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Celina Roy's comment
stevenburman

Because it leaves you with chapped lips. I don't like chapped lips, so I'll find a better opportunity.

February 18 2014 at 10:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cfwdeer

Most of you are heartless creeks!!! I hope you get a spider in your xmas stocking this year. Perhaps then you won't be so flip about this real life situation and of course the deadly implications. You had better get Orkin out to your house tomorrow because I have a feeling you might just get what you deserve!!!!

November 07 2013 at 12:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

they found Hillary clinton

November 07 2013 at 12:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to David's comment
Ultimo Patriarch

Obviously the spider has more neurons than you.

November 17 2013 at 7:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
iguyuabso

go ahead and be smart asses. my wife is from Brazil and we visited her folks over the holidays last year and i saw one face to face. it's about the size of a dinner plate, can jump into the air to catch birds, and is absolutely NOT intimidated by people...very agressive. snark all you want to but i guarantee you if you meet one, you WILL crap your pants.

November 06 2013 at 3:56 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
4 replies to iguyuabso's comment
Ray

How big is it?

November 06 2013 at 2:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
johnzwhite

I am not worried. With the new health care laws, I should be covered if a spider bites me.

November 06 2013 at 1:45 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
walbrookmd

Greetings to this week's most deadly spider on Earth. Last week it was the black one in Australia, which replaced the tiny yellow one in, I forget which country. They must be in competition.

November 06 2013 at 12:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to walbrookmd's comment
jnogrimes

It's kind of like the articles announcing the death of the World's Oldest Person. Of course they die - nobody gets out of here alive.

November 06 2013 at 4:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nila Atkins

Normally Produce from countries like Brazil are supposed to be sprayed to control things like this. And I doubt that a arachnid from a tropical Country would live very long in a cooler climate like London. So it's getting acclimated to a new environment is higly unlikely to happen.

November 06 2013 at 11:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Nila Atkins's comment
paulfortuin

Creatures acclimate very well, very quickly. You think a spider won't just go into your home where it's warmer? By your argument, africanized bees shouldn't be living in North America, but they are thriving.

November 06 2013 at 12:16 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
jrvelez45

smart in grammar, not so bright in insect intelligence

November 06 2013 at 5:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
valgaavmiko

They didn't find brazilian wandering spiders on their food. It is Cupiennius (not Phoneutria) 99% of the time people claim they have because to two look very similar. They had an idiot pest control guy ID it instead of an arachnologist.

November 06 2013 at 11:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to valgaavmiko's comment
passionemail

Yes, they were Brazilian Wandering spiders. They were just hatched from an egg sac on one of the bananas. http://www.upi.com/blog/2013/11/05/Brazilian-wandering-spider-babies-found-on-banana-in-Britain/6051383678729/

November 07 2013 at 4:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply