Dog Wants to Hold Hands During Car Ride

More on PawNation: Behavior, Cute, Dog

Tom the dog needs a little help during car rides. He doesn't feel very confident in the vehicle, so he wants to hold his owner's hand the whole time. Poor Tom. It's sad, but also kind of adorable. We've seen this behavior before, too. Do you remember Shiro, the Siberian Husky? She had the same affliction. Although, to be fair, we can't exactly blame Tom for being scared, considering that (a) he is unrestrained in the vehicle, and (b) his owner is shooting video while driving. Tom knows an unsafe situation when he's in one. Remember, no matter how precious your pet is, you should not film them while you're driving

WHO'S CUTEST MATCH-UP:

Gregg Rory Holland

Is this really a big deal? My dog does this too. Will you do a story about us if I record it and post it on Youtube? #SMH

October 17 2013 at 7:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
greggrory1

Why is this a big deal? My dog does this too. I film it and post it on Youtube tomorrow.

October 17 2013 at 7:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cheryl Jenkins Potte

That's right!! You DO NOT video your dog while you are DRIVING!! Do you want to get your dog & possibly you killed for doing this??? 1) holding hands(paw) 2) driving 3) holding video camera. You need 3 hands to do this SAFELY! DO NOT VIDEO OR TEXT OR DO ANYTHING ELSE THAT WILL DISTRACT YOU FROM WATCHING THE ROAD!!! But it was a cute video!

October 11 2013 at 12:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
freames

Love this. My pug issists on sitting in my lap and also pulls my arm down so she can lay on it.

October 10 2013 at 6:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
vickyymaria

What kind of dog is it???

October 10 2013 at 6:01 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to vickyymaria's comment
Sharon

Cocker Spaniel. Mine do this too when they're not crated

October 10 2013 at 6:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
byjek

when you film with your iphone camera in reverse mode so you can see yourself on the screen, everything is reversed. So yes, the owner was filming himself, no the steering wheel wasn't on the right side of the car.

October 10 2013 at 4:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gafedako

Are thewse people sick. Dogs are dogs.

October 10 2013 at 3:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
joeboken08

My boy Jack loves to ride in the car, but he's the same way, he needs that contact and is constantly pawing me to pet or hold him, what a big baby, did I mention he's one of those vicious Pit Bulls? LOL. Yeah right.

October 10 2013 at 3:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to joeboken08's comment
ksw1733

I have one of those "vicious pit bulls" too! They are such big babies! My boy is very submissive with both humans and other dogs. They are such awesome dogs!

October 10 2013 at 9:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Judith

1) The dog is restrained - the harness is very visible. 2) It is not the driver shooting the video unless the steering wheel is on the right side of the car.

October 10 2013 at 3:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sheila

The dog is restrained. I can see the same car harness that I use on my dogs.

October 10 2013 at 3:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply