By Paul Ciampanelli
Sep 27, 2013
A feisty Jack Russell Terrier gulped down a 10-inch bread knife in one piece.
We had an old European doctor who, in his younger days in Europe, had to double occasionally as veterinarian. He was called to relieve a dog in great distress, who had swallowed a large bone, which had somehow worked its way through the dog's digestive system, but still could not be expelled. The doctor worked for hours and hours, and finally removed the offending bone, and held it up in triumph for the family to see. Unfortunately, the dog saw it, too, and with a huge growl, lunged at the bone and swallowed it again.
I clicked on it because it looked like a *****
Having come from a kennel-owning family, a lifetime of observing dogs has shown me that only the dumb ones swallow these bizarre items.
Our cocker spaniel puppy ate ornaments from the bottom of our first Christmas tree - we found the tops of the ornaments still on the lower branches, but not a sign of broken glass.
For the Christmas tree in our first house, we bought boxes of those cheap colored balls because we had to get lights, icicles, etc. too.. Our cocker spaniel ate some at the bottom of the tree because we found the hooks and little metal cap from the top of the ornaments still on the tree but no sign of broken ornaments.. We were sure we would lose our puppy, but he never got sick!
We had a lab who chewed up and swallowed almost 2 feet of a garden hose.... Needless to say, no surgery was needed!
Oh, you doubters out there. Our dog eats underwear, washcloths, socks, and anything else she can get a hold of. She's 14, but honestly, I don't know how she lived to see it.
Not a knife, educate yourself before you comment!
Not a knife, educate yourself first!
Cats around the world are saying" stupid dogs" you can't eat that.
Cats around the world aren't saying anything, because they're having equally strange objects surgically removed. That is, if they survive long enough for us to find out what's making them sick.