Everyone was pretty jovial for the first few hours of the dog's hospitalization. We all thought she would be fine, but fairly quickly it became obvious that would not be the case. Within a few hours the dog was decidedly unwell. She had become depressed and lethargic, had vomited a few times, was drooling, and her belly was painful. Upon closer examination, her pupils were constricted and her heartbeat was slower than expected. All of these symptoms are classic for a severe poisoning with the type of mushroom that absolutely destroys the liver. Despite everyone's best efforts, the dog soon died.
What You Don't Know About Mushrooms Can Kill Your Dog
Around The Web