Dog Survives House Fire by Hiding in Bathtubthe daily dish
Sparky the dog gave his family a scare when they were certain he had perished in the fire that destroyed their home. But the Chow-Terrier mix surprised everyone when he emerged from the house safe and sound, four hours after firefighters extinguished the blaze, according to WNYT-TV.
WNYT Screenshot1 of 6
WNYT Screenshot2 of 6
WNYT Screenshot3 of 6
WNYT Screenshot4 of 6
WNYT Screenshot5 of 6
WNYT Screenshot6 of 6
Joe Ventrano rushed home when he heard the house where he lived with his parents and two sisters had caught on fire. Ventrano's mother was the only person at home at the time, and she had gotten out safely. But the Ventranos were concerned about another member of the family who had not escaped the house: Sparky, the family dog.
"I got home and they told me we couldn't find Sparky anywhere," Ventrano said. "But everyone else was out of the house, which I was very thankful for. But, you know, he's part of the family and that's really hard to deal with."
Everyone in the family - and the firefighters, too - thought that Sparky must have died in the fire. That's why everyone was so shocked when Sparky came bounding out of the building four hours later.
Sparky apparently had taken refuge in the bathtub. "They said the fire stopped right at the bathroom door, which is nothing short of a miracle. And he hid in the bathtub," Ventrano said.
A veterinary checkup confirmed that Sparky made it out of the disaster completely unharmed. His family is happy to have him safe by their sides, especially after they thought they'd lost him forever.
LIFESAVER PET PRODUCT TIPS: