It's not just puppies who put their mouths on things they're no supposed to. Star is a 7-year-old Jack Russell Terrier from the U.K., and she got either a little curious, a little hungry or both, enough to make her swallow 80 stones and pebbles, according to Yahoo News.
Star's owner, Tracy McCaul, 49, from Fleetwood, England, noticed something was wrong when she felt "crunchy material" in her dog's belly. She brought star to the animal hospital, where an X-ray revealed the treasure of rocks Star had swallowed from the garden in McCaul's backyard. Star needed emergency surgery, because the rocks could have killed her.
Next: Why Do Dogs Eat Poop?
Fortunately, the surgery went successfully, and vets were able to extract all the stones from the small quarry that Star's stomach had become. Star is healthy again, and McCaul has removed all the rocks from her garden.
Dog Eats 80 Rocks, Requires Emergency Surgerythe daily dish
Around The Web