Labor Day marks the unofficial end up the summer vacation, and whether you love summer or you’re glad to see it go, chances are you’re not mad about a long weekend. If you’re planning to celebrate with a few drinks this weekend, go wild. We’re talking about the wild kingdom, of course! Here are 10 animal-inspired cocktails to help let out the animal in you (i.e., drink responsibly).
Say goodbye to summer with this simple, refreshing cocktail.
1 part vodka
1 part lemonade
1 part 7Up
– Combine ingredients together in a glass over ice.
ELEPHANT’S MUD BATH
You won’t feel dirty for drinking this concoction.
1 shot Amarula Cream Liqueur
1 shot Stolichnaya vodka
1 shot De Kuyper crème de cacao brown
– Combine ingredients in shaker with ice.
– Shake until well chilled.
– Strain into an "old fashioned" glass with fresh ice cubes.
This creamy cocktail is soft and comforting, just like a fluffy duck.
1 part Advocaat liqueur
1 part crème de cacao
7Up or soda water
– Pour the crème de cacao into a chilled margarita glass one-quarter filled with crushed ice.
– Add the Advocaat, and slowly fill with 7Up or soda.
– Stir and serve.
Sip this concoction to feel like you’re watching a blazing sunset on the African savannah.
2 oz Kahlua coffee liqueur
1 oz butterscotch schnapps
1 oz 151 proof rum
– Pour Kahlua first into a double shot glass.
– Add one ounce of butterscotch schnapps.
– Float 151-proof rum on top and set on fire.
– Blow out flames before drinking.
Drink enough of these banana-y, coconut-y refreshers and you’ll be swinging from the vines.
1 oz Mount Gay Barbados rum
1 oz crème de bananes
5/8 oz dark crème de cacao
3 oz coconut milk
– Blend with ice until smooth.
– Pour into a hurricane glass and garnish with coconut flakes.
Next: What Can Dogs Drink?
Don’t be gross. It’s not called a squashed frog because it TASTES like a squashed frog. It’s called a squashed frog because it LOOKS like a squashed frog.
1/2 oz Midori melon liqueur
1/2 oz Advocaat liqueur
– Carefully pour Midori and then Advocaat into a chilled shot glass.
– Add a few dashes of grenadine and they will sink to the bottom.
Animal-Inspired Cocktailspet chic
Around The Web