Bear Spotted Snoozing on Florida Porch

the daily dish More on PawNation: Awesome, Bears, Cute, Exotic, Funny, The Dish
A porch can be the prefect accessory for a home. They offer the comfort of shade, but still allow for a connection with the nature. Well, sometimes nature decides it wants to enjoy this comfort, too. According to WPTV, a Florida family awoke to find a large bear napping on their lanai porch. The family's 7-year-old boy was the first to find the animal, and texted a picture of the resting giant to his mom, asking what to do. The answer was to just wait it out. An hour after being discovered, the stretched out bear arose and left the porch through a hole in the screen. Hopefully, he'll be considerate enough to bring a housewarming gift next time.

Ever See a Bear Ride A Jet Ski?

Day trippin

oh my tip of the day would have to be if a bear is asleep in your house to not grab your iphone, and start fliming like your the crocidile hunter,,oh look...its a 400 pd mother bear at peace in my family room....isnt she a bute....its the price you pay for living in paradise...maybe the % rate in your area isnt as bad as you thought...good luck is all i know

August 16 2013 at 5:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Day trippin

My brother lives on the outskirt\'s of Naples,and he was sending me videos like those 10 yrs ago. Garbage bin\' are their favorite! When we over night hike in the smokys national park,we have to pull our food 40 ft in a tree. If i were a betting man I\'d bet 90% of those incidents they were HUNGRY..would\'nt hurt to arm yourself...better such a beautiful bear....awwww....THAN ONE OF YOUR CHILDREN!!!..loud whisle\'s...air horns...pepper spray..then 357 mad..sounds mean ..but I;d rather see your kid on xmas day than hear you tell how a bear attacked your kid. I\'d love to see them removed to a wilderness...those are bears accustomed to ppl now and probably wouldnt surive in the wild..or stay in the wild..I mean they live in the EVERGLADES!!...bears are all they have video of?...lol...It\'s always been a issue,it;s just affecting alot more rich folk...thnx for allowing me to rant....better get some **** dogs or something.....good luck with tha 400pdr\'s

August 16 2013 at 5:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bill

Beautiful animals but never feed them and clean that trash out. I live in Arizona you leave food out you will have everything from ants and everything in between to Weasals in your back yard or pool just enjoying themselves.

August 16 2013 at 3:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ronmountainman

Its the bears home people are pushing them out with their fancy ass homes its no wonder they come check things out. if you insisted on living in their home learn to deal with them ,Don't feed them don't try to pet them leave them alone. Being in Florida leave the gators alone to keep your kids and pets under control or don't complane when they become a snack. Damed land developers are destroying the planet with their progress and greed.

August 16 2013 at 1:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rick Schoenherr

What do you mean "try not to feed?" Don't feed them and take care of your trash. It's not that hard.

August 16 2013 at 12:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Velocity105

Aww, it's just a teddy bear, go out and pet it.

August 16 2013 at 11:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
thsidebar

It's nice to see nature in it's element but, people need to know never come between a Mother and her cubs. It doesn't matter what kind of bear it is; they will kill you if they feel threatened or sense their cubs are threatened. People who have bears or such wildlife need to make sure their garbage is bear proofed an secure or the bears will rip it apart. Bears can rip a car door off it's hinges and break down home doors to get food.

August 16 2013 at 10:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John Billingsley

Gosh, I remember waiking up Bear a time or too in Florida at a pool side and then hoping I could get back in my room before everyone else woke up. Back then it was a big joke and expected. Not a wild life type of thing.

August 16 2013 at 9:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
realflboy

Too many people and not enough land...Please stay away

August 16 2013 at 9:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rel2099

Big deal - the same thing happened to my sister-in-law in New Jersey 20 years ago. She went to leave the house to go to work one morning, while it was still dark - but the back door wouldn't budge. She turned on the back porch light and found a bear sleeping! She simply left the house by the front door. I don't remember that story making headlines, though, even if it DID happen in New Jersey...

August 16 2013 at 9:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply