Lost Dog Reunited With Owners 3 Years Later

the daily dish More on PawNation: Dogs, Heart-Warming, Lost Dogs, Lost Pets, Microchips

Sometimes it can take years for a microchip to send a lost pet home, but they do work. Take Taz, for example. His Portland, Ore., family lost him almost three years ago when he disappeared on the night of Halloween 2010.

Lost Dog Reunited With Owners 3 Years Later

"We thought for sure either a coyote got him or he had been taken, stolen," Taz's owner, Brenda Davies, said.

But this week, Donna and Bruce Cox saw the little black dog running around their street. They brought the lost dog to a vet, and found out that he had a microchip implanted. "That was a miracle right there," Donna Cox said.

There's no way of knowing where Taz has been for the last three years, but his owners are just happy he's home safe and sound after a long separation. Said Davies, "It's so great someone actually did the right thing, took him to the vet, and they scanned him."

WHO'S CUTEST? VOTE NOW:

my aol

I have four, all chipped, all indoor kitties. I know that sound like a lot, but I have a large space.
Rufus seems to be one of the most obtuse individuals I have come across so far.

August 15 2013 at 9:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sutt202

It's not just that the dog was returned but the fact that there are some good people out there who care. Good job Donna and Bruce.

August 15 2013 at 9:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ron

Rufus you need to crawl back under your rock !!

August 15 2013 at 6:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rufus

its a freakin dog, people, its not your brother or a member of your family. its a damn pet.

August 15 2013 at 6:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Laura York

What a cute dog! I'm so glad that he found his way home. I have my lil' Boo micro chipped and he is a strictly indoor kitty. I would encourage everyone to get their pets micro chipped.

August 15 2013 at 6:32 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Laura York's comment
rufus

micro chip a pet, when they don't even micro chip kids. WTF?

August 15 2013 at 6:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ccleigh91

This makes me happy and gives me hope for a friend who lost her dog almost a year ago.

August 15 2013 at 4:20 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
pswid513

Nice to know there are still some good people left on this earth. Someone took care of that dog by the way he looks. God Bless those two.

August 15 2013 at 3:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
paulsgal916

So sweet. Bought me to tears of happiness!!!

August 15 2013 at 3:04 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to paulsgal916's comment
RJM

Me too, paulsgal. So happy he's been reunited with his family.

August 15 2013 at 3:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shelter Cockers

If his owners had a collar with their phone number on the dog, he probably would have been returned way sooner than three years later. People don't realize that MILLIONS of animals die in shelters because they don't have this very easy way to get their pets home sooner.

As a dog rescuer for over ten years, I can't tell you how many people won't go to a pet store and buy a $5 ID tag with their phone number because they say that the microchip will get their pet home. That will only happen if people like this wonderful couple go the extra mile to visit a vet or shelter to have an animal scanned for a microchip.

Laura Madaras - Shelter Dogs Needing Homes

August 15 2013 at 3:02 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
PamieJune

Weird - the dog is remarkably calm - if that were one of my dogs, she'd be jumping all over my face, licking it and crying - and that's just after being away for a day! I wonder if the dog has forgotten its owners? I thought dogs never forgot.

August 15 2013 at 12:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to PamieJune's comment
hellyon3too

How do you know how long the dog had been reunited with his family before the video was shot? I doubt there was a news crew on hand when they actually reunited the family with their dog.

August 15 2013 at 12:50 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply