Raccoons Attack Woman in Central Park

More on PawNation: Raccoons, Safety, Scary, Weird

When singer Takara Larson decided to go on an evening walk around Central Park, she didn't expect company, but the 26-year-old woman says she was attacked by two raccoons unexpectedly, according to the New York Daily News.

Raccoons Attack Woman Mid-Instagram

Takara Larson told the Daily News that the raccoons seemed "hungry or deranged," as they scratched and bit her legs.

It began when the two creatures, which Larson described as "tough and scrawny," stopped her in her tracks. She pulled out her phone to take photos of them. They seemed to not be OK with her phone photography, so they lunged at her.

"They were both on me. One was licking my leg and the other one sank his teeth in my other leg," Larson told the Daily News. "It just seemed like they were hungry or deranged."

"I just kind of kicked the sucker off and just ran the other way," Larson said.

Larson sought for help from the concierge at the nearby Plaza Hotel. They advised Larson to go to a hospital. She was later given a shot for rabies at the Roosevelt Hospital.

"I think there was about 15 (shots) in my right leg, two in my hip and one on each shoulder," said Larson. "It was an ordeal."

Larson posted a photo on her Instagram account with a caption that read: "OFFICIALLY RELEASED FROM THE HOSPITAL after being attacked by two potentially rabid raccoons in central park. Total WTF night. So grateful to be alive!"

MONTAUK MONSTER OR WASHED-UP RACCOON? SEE MORE "MUTANTS":​

bazzfisher63

August 17 2013 at 3:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bazzfisher63

We heard 2 crazy Racoons last night here in Southern California right in our back yard in the middle of the night. My 100 lb boarder Collie new better to attack. I tell you guys they sound awfully crazy as they attacked each other. My husband got a close look at one from our bedroom window, he said it must have been at least 35 lbs. give or take... I am sure glad we weCome quickly oh Lord and send your finest men to rule over us.

August 17 2013 at 3:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Eric

You just don't go walking in Central Park in the evening. Even police walk in pairs after dark. Maybe Bloomie can pass a law banning racoons.

August 13 2013 at 2:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
babebennet

In North Carolina we're having a rabies outbreak. It's serious if you're the one bitten and have to take rabies shots...not a fun day at the Hospital. Find those raccoons and have them tested.

August 03 2013 at 7:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ccleigh91

LMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 03 2013 at 5:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
vanillapepsi17

Get rid of that hair, girl! You are way too pretty for that.

August 03 2013 at 1:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rodzjo0916

Being she was in Central Park , saw a cute small animal, and went to try and pet / get too close , IT WAS A "WILD" Animal ! Raccoons don't attack,. they protect their young / space . So next time keep running and leave animals in their space . Do carry some Mace for Human Protection..

August 03 2013 at 12:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
HANK

I didn't mean anything bad I like Peggy.

August 02 2013 at 10:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mn4470

Judging by her picture, she probably scared them. She would scare me on a blind date.

August 02 2013 at 9:52 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to mn4470's comment
catshark14

So she has no desire to look like a Kardashian sister and doesn\'t want to conform. What are you going to do, stone her to death? I think her look is a welcome change. Lay off.

August 02 2013 at 10:39 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
HANK

Is it just me are does anyone else think this young lady looks like a young Peggy Bundy?

August 02 2013 at 9:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply