Even people who don’t own dogs probably know that chocolate is very toxic to them. Chocolate can poison any dog, but puppies may be more in danger simply because they can’t keep their mouths to themselves, so puppy owners need to be extra vigilant about where they put their chocolate, and where their puppies put their snouts. Remember that the amount of chocolate a puppy eats can affect the level of toxicity, as well as the type of chocolate. For example, baking chocolate is most dangerous because it has the highest concentration of theobromine, the agent in chocolate that is toxic to dogs. If you suspect your puppy of ingesting chocolate, know what to do, and contact a vet ASAP.