If you’re bringing a puppy home, it will be a good idea to re-evaluate and restructure your garden or your indoor decorative plants as soon as possible. Hundreds of plants can poison your curious puppy, and many of them will surprise you. Take, for example, Lily, a 14-month-old Jack Russell Terrier/Beagle mix who nearly died in May after eating a poisonous sago palm on her owner’s property. Lily’s life was saved, but it could have gone the other way. Her owners had no idea their plants were poisonous to dogs. Educate yourself. The ASPCA has an extensive list of plants that can poison dogs. Make sure your puppy doesn’t have access to any of them.