Dog Finds, Buries Dead Puppy

the daily dish More on PawNation: Dogs, Puppies, Sad
A video that shows a dog in the Middle East finding and burying a dead puppy has gone viral, bringing bittersweet tears to the eyes of thousands of viewers.

In the video, a white-and-black dog comes upon a dead puppy and immediately sets about calmly and methodically burying it by pushing dirt over the body with its snout.

The dog takes about three minutes to complete the task before walking away slowly.

It is unclear from the video where the dog or the puppy came from, if the dog is a male or a female, or if the puppy is the dog's own offspring.

HEARTBROKEN KITTEN WON'T LEAVE DECEASED FRIEND'S SIDE:

peggy

I know Animials do grieve and they have emotions too. Just like like humans. God Bless that Dog for burying the other precious Dog.. RIP Baby Your in a better place now!

June 27 2013 at 4:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Becky

Animals feel emotions too. I have a neighbor down the road from me that has raised cattle for years and sold them. :( When the mother's calves were taken away after a certain amount of time, you can hear them bawling in the fields. I asked my neighbor one time, why they were bawling and that is what he told me. That every time their calves were gone they would cry for several days. Another group of baby calves went away just the other day....
breaks my heart. You can see them play in the fields with the other calves..so cute.
I guess that's why I am a vegan.

June 25 2013 at 8:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gonro2

Looks to me like all the dirt the dog is shoveling came from a spot which appears darker as if had been used to "practice"..... notice the stones in the surrounding area other than the "convenient" soft dirt which the dog is using

June 25 2013 at 2:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Denise

In the wild, a dog would eat you without any qualms if it was hungry enough. I have had pets all of my life and respect them as another life-form, but I do NOT try to give them human emotions. I honestly think it would seem demeaning to them that we try to turn them into us. Dogs are all about basic survival...If one is domesticated and knows it has to rely on it's "master" for food, then of course it will submit to that master. If it know a particular human that has fed and taken care of it, it will show a form of respect to that human. But if it's hungry enough and is wild, or overtaken by it's animal instinct...it will attack a human. Dogs are ANIMALS...stop trying to make them human. If they could talk, they would tell you they are only putting up with you to get food, or showing certain amount of respect because they look at you as the Alpha member of their pack, and you have taken care of them

June 25 2013 at 1:39 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Denise's comment
bayougator55

I have had dogs all my life and I do not agree with you ,there are so many things you said that i just can;t agree with.but i do agree it would be demeaning to turn them into humans.I think humans are the worse creatures that ever happened to the planet earth ,and also the things they do just to each other is awful and sometimes outright horrible. Your right about if a animal was hungry enough it would eat you ,well a human would do the same in fact Jeffery Dahmer was,nt even hungry. I really don,t even see how someone with views like yours could even begain to understand much less enjoy a canine .Perhaps you should consider a snake as a more suitable pet for yourself maybe a viper?

June 26 2013 at 9:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bonita

Denise, your premise is illogical as you are stating emotional responses are found in humans only. The brain systems and hormones, etc., that provide the basis for what we experience as "emotion" are found and are fully functional in other "life-forms," as well. This has been widely known in the scientific community and to the general public for many decades. Additionally, numerous current studies have shown "emotional" behavior in the animal world, including: elephants, chickens, canines, rhinos, felines, equines, and on and on... Yes, Denise, dogs are "ANIMALS," and so are we. It is sad you have closed your reality so tightly you cannot recognize the truth. Knowledge is power, and you can start here: Affective Neuroscience:The Foundations of Human and Animal Emotions (http://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=_782uLz6jcwC&oi=fnd&pg=PR13&dq=animals+experience+emotion&ots=MVNpMxgutC&sig=UGDkZL7KezmTV21DfHkx3gNVzvg#v=onepage&q=animals20emotion&f=false

June 27 2013 at 10:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bejit22

So why did they then throw a bottle at where the puppy was buried!? POS's!

June 25 2013 at 12:48 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to bejit22's comment
Emily

Because in their world a dog is an unclean animal.

June 25 2013 at 3:26 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Lynda

Come on get a grip, some animals have more heart, soul and empathy, than some of you black hearted lowlife forms of human beings. I hope you choke on a hair ball. Animal hater.

June 25 2013 at 12:47 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Lynda's comment
bayougator55

Alright Lynda ! Could,nt have said it better.

June 26 2013 at 9:52 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Dottie

its hard to tell if its a pup or pig really but looks like a chihuahua with the ears standing up like that butI have to say looks like a dog burying a bone and yea Im a big dog lover and have many of them but Id bet they'd rahter bury a bone then each other! just sayin

June 25 2013 at 12:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ebneila

Animals most certainly do grieve the loss of friends and human owners. Not long ago, I had a female cat put down because of UTD. My male Tom seemed to become very sullen, sitting next to the carrier I took the sick female away in. Before the female became ill, she and the male were always close and grooming each other. The male sat looking into the carrier as if hoping his friend would return. For nearly a week, he sat near the carrier making low pensive groaning sounds he never made before or since

June 25 2013 at 12:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to ebneila's comment
bayougator55

Animals do grieve , and they miss thier family be another animal or human friend. Say im crazy if you want but I know they do. It,s to much for me to explain here.

June 26 2013 at 9:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
clergybabe1

For all of you out there that don't think animals have souls ~ get a clue. This is not "staged" this is real. I have seen things like this myself. When one of my cats was killed by my drunk neighbor, my mother cats laid next to her and meowed for hours. They were sad, ate very little and wouldn't play for over 45 days. We eventually found another cat at the local county shelter to help ease their pain, but it was never the same. God created all living things, so why would anyone think that animals don't have feelings as well.

June 25 2013 at 12:06 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to clergybabe1's comment
bayougator55

Thank you clergybabe1 !

June 26 2013 at 9:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carolyn

whatever the pup was doing, it looked very soulful and intent....not like digging fervently and dragging it in a hole....just sayin'

June 25 2013 at 11:31 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply