Lost Dog Found 500 Miles Away

the daily dish More on PawNation: Dogs, Heart-Warming, Lost Pets
A missing dog was reunited with her owner after living the hobo life for a week. In Guthrie, Okla., Lady Bird was separated from her owner of 10 years, Allie Blevins, following the storms that struck the state. The dog went missing on May 31, and Blevins looked for her frantically. "I probably burned half a tank of gas hollering for Lady Bird," he said. But Lady Bird had already skipped town. Apparently, some transients found her, and hopped a train with the dog in tow. Lady Bird rode the rails for 500 miles before landing in Boone, Iowa. That's where someone spotted her dog tags, and contacted Guthrie Animal Control, who contacted Blevins. Seven days after she disappeared, Lady Bird was back home in her loving owner's arms. "For two days, she did nothing but put her head on my thigh and sleep," he said.

Lost Dog Found 500 Miles Away

WHICH DOG IS CUTER? VOTE NOW!:

gmcpdx

Lady Bird--Hank Hills dog?

June 19 2013 at 12:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jfrl

Find your lost dog at www.lostandfound.com!

June 18 2013 at 9:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
carnage_2012

Dangnit Bobby, I told you to let Lady Bird in!

June 18 2013 at 9:44 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
tmasschi

I know someone who lost their Siberian husky about a month now and is still looking
the dog's name is Angel. Positive vibes and prayers please

June 18 2013 at 9:26 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Cynthia

I love happy endings.

June 18 2013 at 8:41 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
babbybunnybooboo

With all the loss of life (human and other) from all these storms, it's good to hear of a reunion.

June 18 2013 at 7:59 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
RJM

Thank you to the person who took the time to read Lady Bird's tags and to the trucker who brought her back. God bless you both!!!!!!!!!! I hope your good deed rewards you throughout your lifetime.

June 18 2013 at 7:47 PM Report abuse +6 rate up rate down Reply
Say NO to libs!

So precious! I\'m so glad that little girl\'s Papa found her! I\'d be absolutely devastated if my baby boy Jake went missing! (He and I ran from Sandy and he never left my side)! I was very upset to read that (once again) our local shelter (Stupid, Celeb-supported North Shore Animal League, LI, NY) was yanking PREVIOUSLY OWNED & LOVED dogs out of OK shelters RIGHT AFTER the tornado under the guise of \"making room\" and almost immediately offering them up for highly-priced adoptions here in NY. Who\'s going to put an end to their money-making schemes?

June 18 2013 at 6:28 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
jbjg24m

so glad they they are reunited

June 18 2013 at 6:16 PM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
mahatridge

Some on here need to realize that most people were NOT HOME when the storms hit therefore could not secure their beloved pets... Please think before writing stuff like that....

June 18 2013 at 6:00 PM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply