Family Dogs Returned After Groomer Mix-Up

the daily dish More on PawNation: Dogs, Groomers, Grooming, Weird
It's one of every dog owner's worst nightmares: You bring your pet to the groomers, and pick up an entirely different dog.

Two families who brought their dogs to Debbie's Tidy Dog grooming service in Florence, Ala., were given each other's dogs instead of their own upon pickup last week, according to WHNT-TV.

Tami Rudolph, owner of Bailey, immediately knew she was given the wrong Maltese when she got home. But the other family had been out of town for several days and didn't realize they had Rudolph's dog.

Finally, after nine days of being with the wrong owner, Bailey was reunited with Ms. Rudolph, who cried tears of joy.

"I can finally be happy again. And sleep," said Rudolph.

THE WILD WORLD OF EXTREME DOG GROOMING:

lotsatailswaggin

Find a private groomer. I don\'t know where you live but I run my own salon. All dogs are groomed by me and only me. One client at a time. When you come to pick up, you get to look over your baby and I will make any adjustments you like. It\'s called not being greedy and not warehousing dogs just to make more money.

June 15 2013 at 5:52 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
christinafrith

Get a cat and you will all be better off
I like dogs but love my 3 cats
Cat lover

June 15 2013 at 2:33 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
joann

m dog crys with joy when I pick him up with kisses how do u not know???????????????????????

June 15 2013 at 8:19 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
joann

my dog crys with joy when I pick him up??????????????????????????????

June 15 2013 at 8:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to joann's comment
ghipchip

He cried when you PICK HIM UP? Hahahaha!!! I don't understand the ???????'s at the end of your sentence ~ ?

June 15 2013 at 8:55 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
rrozcat77

My dog knows me like I know him and he is one of a kind no matter how many miniture poodles I see together. My worst problem is that so many groomers in my area do not compete the job they are paid to do!!! I have even taken my job to a very expensive groomer and come home with nails not cut and told that his nails were too long to cut and bring him back in a week and they would charge me an extra ten dollars and my dog got fleas from the groomers. I just need to learn how to groom him myself!!!

June 15 2013 at 8:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to rrozcat77's comment
ghipchip

Unfortunately, one doesn't have to get formally certified to be a "groomer", so your dog can land in the hands of some real "doozies"! Lots of times, your furry baby is passed off to an "assistant" who pops a guard of a set of clippers an goes to town. But to tell you your dog's nails were TOO LONG to cut and for you to bring him back in a week to have them done sounds "off"! Did you mean you were told they weren't long enough to cut and to bring him back (so they could do a separate charge)??? How can they be too long to cut??? And they'd be longer a week later. Doesn't make sense!

June 15 2013 at 9:10 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
danabnnc

I have four Maltese that own me. There is NO WAY this situation would ever happen to me!!!

June 15 2013 at 7:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
marlastolt23

Mr. Ed, "Groomers are about the least educated, poor business people I have met." The way that sentence is constructed makes me believe YOU are the least educated person of all. I have three degrees in medicine and I just graduated from grooming school. So glad I will never have to groom your dog..

June 15 2013 at 7:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to marlastolt23's comment
ghipchip

Tell it, mariastolt23! I'm suspecting Mr. Ed simply looks for the cheapest "cutter" he can find and gets what he pays for! (One of those overnight, bare-bones set-ups?) I always took my Airedale to a grooming service that was known to have all Master Groomers, and I got a stellar job every time. What he said about the nails being too long to cut didn't make sense, either. ????

June 15 2013 at 11:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ghipchip

I meant rrozcat77 - not Mr. Ed - although he was disgusting arrogant AND ignorant!

June 15 2013 at 11:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JA

Am I the only one here that doesn't understand when the owner of the dog wasn't her dog? I would know my dog, groomed or not!!

June 15 2013 at 5:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bob007daffy

lol, happened in my shop 1 time. 2 white poodles. one was named gypsy, one lady who drank a lot and was usally well on her way every time she came in. Anyway, she came in and asked for her little gypsy. well the girl gave her gypsy, which wasnt her dog, her dog was named fifi.
When I was checking things out at the end of the day, something just didnt seem right. finally figured it out and called both partys and got it straight. Both ladies didnt know they had the wrong dogs. The one who got really mad was the drunk lady. I returned their money for the grooming and gave both of them 2 more free groomings which they both took me up on it.

June 15 2013 at 4:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wntmoretime

that happened out here in my city..it didn't have a happy ending the one dog broke loose from the wrong owners and was hit by a train...some dogs do look alike but I know my dogs their smell their attitudes but I guess if someone else was picking them up (which would never happen with me) I guess it could so the groomers need to be even more diligent that doesn't happen

June 15 2013 at 2:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply