Dog Is Not the Smartest

More on PawNation: Adorable, Awesome, Cute, Dogs, Funny, Silly
Some dogs have a hard time putting two and two together, like this cute Labrador, for example. It doesn't mean he's not as sweet or loving; it just means he's not the sharpest tool in the shed. This dog can't get enough of the water hose spraying into the pool. Do you blame him? Looks fun! Well, when a silly pooch turns into an eager beaver, things happen. Things like falling into a pool. Check out the video below for a cute laugh.

WHICH DOG IS CUTEST? VOTE NOW!

user390096

Dogs naturally float and many love to swim so the use of a life jacket could possibly cause more harm than good by getting in the way of their natural swim mechanics. Remember, dogs are still beasts of the wild who have been tamed to successfully beg because its a whole lot easier than hunting. Last year my Labrador swam about 4 miles following my kayak without breaking a sweat. In total, I think he swam about 10 miles that day and was still going strong at the end and didn't want to get out of the water. Amazing.

June 13 2013 at 6:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CamaroAustin

My 258 pound Saint Bernard would spend 24/7 in the water if you let him. We always make sure he is wearing his life jacket regardless if he is in our pool,the ocean,lake or creek. We never allow him to swim alone,I always swim with him and we are tethered together. He is an amazing swimmer but you can never be to careful. His favorite thing to do is swim about five feet away from me and then swim to me and put his front paws around my neck and give me a big slobbering smooch. My favorite memories.

June 12 2013 at 9:24 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
metusmetu

That is at the very least, not a full-blood Lab in the video, possibly a mix, I\'ve never seen that coloration in full-blood Lab, and he does have the features of a Lab.
Unfortunately my full-blood, 125lb. Newfoundland Labrador has passed on now. He would bury his muzzle up to his eyeballs when drinking from the water bowl, he loved to drink water. If there was water around deep enough to swim in, he was in it, if it wasn\'t deep enough he would stand in it. He would come to me when called if he was swimming but he was reluctant to do so. He loved snow, was constantly rolling, or digging in it, and he also loved to eat it too. Aside from being an excellent retriever for waterfowl, he was a good rabbit dog too, he wouldn\'t hunt them or chase them, but if you shot one he\'d go get it for you! Jack\'s been gone now for 8 yrs., and I still sorely miss him, he was always waiting at the door when I got home, followed me everywhere, I couldn\'t even go to the bathroom he had to wait outside the door for me. Slept in his bed, right next to mine. We were the best of Pals. Hopefully one day, we\'ll be together again.

June 12 2013 at 7:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ajorge149

You should protect your dog obviously you sensed he would fall into the pool and you did nothing to protect him. What kind of an animal lover are you?

June 12 2013 at 6:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
innerdream

We had a Black Lab when I was a kid "Omar" would swim every day rain or shine. Such a good dog.

June 12 2013 at 4:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bill

That's not a Labrador! If it was you would haver never gotten him out of the water!

June 12 2013 at 4:01 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Bill's comment
bodyshop99

Looks like a carmel coated husky/mix to me.

June 12 2013 at 4:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bill

That's not a labrador, cause they jump in water and you can't get them out!

June 12 2013 at 4:01 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
tomkatdog1

Pawnatoin needs some staff who are educated about animals .Shows how not to neglect them instead of allowing videos that are a danger to pets.This heavy,older looking dog could have had his lungs filled with water when he fell under water .it is a struggle to get out of a pool even in shallow water. Start putting thing on here to help the well being of animals.Any true animal lover looking at your sight would not like this.

June 12 2013 at 3:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to tomkatdog1's comment
David

evidently you have never owned a dog that loves water. you sound like a peta member that in the end hurts the animals they claim to love.

June 12 2013 at 6:11 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Alan

Not the dog's fault. Owner should have anti-slip tape around the pool!

June 12 2013 at 3:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
fldpwrman

I had a dog born in New Mexico, that when visiting WI had never seen a body of water before, and walked straight off the end of a dock into a lake.

June 12 2013 at 2:13 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply