Philly Cyclist Becomes a Viral Hit By Biking His Cat Around The City

the daily dish More on PawNation: Awesome, Cats, Cute, Funny, Relationship, Talented, The Dish
We have all heard of walking your dog, but what about biking your cat? According to ABC News, Philadelphia courier Rudi Saldia takes his feline for routine rides around the busy city streets.

Saldia and his cat Mary have become a sensation on the streets of Philly and also on YouTube. The attention started when Saldia began filming his excursions with Mary and uploading them because his mom didn't believe Mary could tolerate the long rides. Now there are several clips online of the pair happily pedaling, with Mary doling out head-butts throughout the journey.

"She enjoys seeing everything and having the wind blow in her ears, especially being an indoors cat. This is really her only time outside," Saldia told ABC. "On the shoulder, she loves it. She's in total zen mode."

Mary's excursions on two wheels started when she was only two months old. Saldia first took the feline on short, quiet rides to ensure she'd safely enjoy the experience. Once he saw that he was getting a positive reaction from Mary and onlookers, the rides became longer and more adventurous.

Saldia was able to capture the bike handlebar view in his videos using a GoPro camera. After learning of this and seeing the evidence, GoPro cameras equipped Saldia with a new device, so he can continue to film the impressive clips. Expect to see a lot more of Mary and her chauffeur online and keep your eyes on the bikers if you ever visit the City of Brotherly Love.

How to Safely Bike With Your Pet:

Doubleman Zero

ok, let's say that the purring was added afterwards to make it seem like the cat was relaxed. Even so, the cat does not look scared nor is it panting in a panicked stricken manner. You're worrying on behalf of an animal that you've never met. The cat, just like mine, probably nags him to go out everyday.
I on the other hand take mine on harnessed strolls in the backyard and alleyways, because she like exploring and seeing, smelling things beyond her window.

May 26 2013 at 1:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Doubleman Zero's comment
Doubleman Zero

sorry, double posted... no pun intended :/

May 26 2013 at 1:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Doubleman Zero

ok, let's say that the purring was added afterwards to make it seem like the cat was relaxed. Even so, the cat does not look scared nor is it panting in a panicked stricken manner. Some of you are worrying on behalf of an animal that you've never met. The cat, just like mine I'm sure, probably nags him to go out everyday.

May 26 2013 at 1:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lisabug2007

The cat looks scared to death.What keeps her from falling off and getting killed.To much traffic.Put her in a basket or something safe than ride around.

May 25 2013 at 10:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Angel Uwillberewarde

I don't think it is cute or funny. I think the cat looks stressed out.

May 23 2013 at 9:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
donstillings

Update: After testing positive for performance enhancing drugs he was banned from cycling for life and his cat was vacated.

May 23 2013 at 9:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bfor42

It's Freddie Mercury with a Mohawk. "I like to ride my bicycle, I like to ride my bike. I like to ride my bicycle, I like to ride it where I like."

May 23 2013 at 8:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
smick1953

This is a great thing for man and cat, but I worry for Mary because Philly drivers are HORRIBLE! If she falls into the street, she's a definite "flat snack"! Maybe he can rig up a harness for her so she doesn't become a fatality on those crummy city streets.

May 23 2013 at 8:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
baldinia

Mohawk, curly mustache, cat; look at me, look at me, LOOK AT ME!!! Dang it-I looked at him.

May 23 2013 at 6:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chstjay

By the looks of him I thought he had a Gerbil.

May 23 2013 at 6:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
buceoi

Cycling with a pet is not smart , it endangers you, the pet and other people.

May 23 2013 at 6:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply