Okla. Tornado Survivor Finds Missing Dog During Live TV Interview

the daily dish More on PawNation: Awesome, Dogs, Heart-Warming
Barbara Garcia was one of many Moore, Okla., residents whose homes were destroyed by the devastating tornado. Her on-camera interview with CBS following the storm began like many others as she described grabbing her dog and taking shelter in the bathroom of her house.

"This was the game plan all through the years," Garcia said. But the game plan went wrong, and Garcia lost track of her dog.

Just as Garcia described calling for her dog and not getting an answer, CBS reporter Anna Werner spotted something furry in the wreckage behind them. "A dog! Hi, puppy!" Werner said. It was Garcia's Terrier, poking his head out of the debris and trying to make his way back to his owner.

"Well, I thought God just answered one prayer, to let me be OK," Garcia said. "But he answered both of them."

HOW TO PREPARE YOUR PETS FOR A DISASTER:

jorczak9

This was the most amazing video I have ever seen. Miracles happen.

May 23 2013 at 5:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
garysdl1

Normally I would say, "It's just a dog." but, considering everything around her, I guess the dog is all this poor lady has left.

May 22 2013 at 9:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
foxyladymg27

This was definitely staged. No way this was a coincident. The reporter just wanted to say something positive. Hopefully the dog was ok and the woman knew he was there.

May 22 2013 at 9:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sunsetblond

This story touched my heart. WE have such a deep love for our beloved pets. This sweet old woman loved her dog so much and faced one of the saddest days in her life, only to be gifted from GOD with the survival of her dog. Truly a great moment for all to stop in awe and thank GOD for small miracles.

May 22 2013 at 8:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
USUCK2MUCHO

Terriers rule, they are so sweet. I\'m glad she has her dog. I bet the dog is happy to be with her.

May 22 2013 at 2:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ballershemp

can you say staged? please!

May 22 2013 at 1:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to ballershemp's comment
sunsetblond

Staged... You are heartless

May 22 2013 at 8:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chuck

some times god is listning. some times he has other plans like the night i lost my wife. but he always has a plan. i dont care about you that done beleave, you will see one day for yourself.

May 22 2013 at 12:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gojacksonsays

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone involved or effected by this horrible, horrible tragedy. God bless you and be with you all. I am so sorry.

May 21 2013 at 11:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
edritzer

To bad the horses had nobody to pray for them. Or maybe its just that the people that prayed for them weren't on Gods good side today.

May 21 2013 at 10:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply