Ape-Like Creature Seen in U.K. Town

the daily dish More on PawNation: Awesome, Weird
A U.K. woman spotted what appeared to be a monkey or ape running free - not at a zoo, but in a park in the town of Dorchester, Dorset, according to the Daily Mail U.K.

Terri Leigh Cox, 17, was looking out of her bedroom window when she saw the unusual, unidentified creature scampering about the park by her home. Taken aback at first, Cox was able to pull out her cell phone to take one picture of the creature before it climbed a tree and disappeared.

"It was such a shock I couldn't believe what I was seeing at first," Cox said. "It looked about the size of a small gorilla. It was walking like one as well, using its arms and feet." Cox estimates that the creature was about 100 yards from her house.

No one knows where the ape-like creature came from. Ten miles away from the park where it was spotted is an attraction called Monkey World, but staff there report no missing animals. Said a spokesperson for Monkey World, "I can confirm that all of our rescued monkeys and apes are safe and well in the park."

Cox insists what she saw was not a cat or a dog, but that it looked and moved like an ape. "It could have escaped, if someone was keeping it as a pet," Cox said.

No other residents in the area have reported seeing whatever it is Cox saw, but they will be on the lookout.

Said Rob Samways, who lives near Cox, "I'll be keeping my eyes peeled from now (on)."

DID HIKERS FILM BIGFOOT? PLUS 50 TOP ANIMAL NEWS STORIES OF THE YEAR:

mickeyd675

There are plenty of stupid people that would keep a great ape as a pet. This might well be
one that escaped or released.

March 26 2013 at 10:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TCorrellii

Chupacabra!!!!

March 26 2013 at 9:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Felicia Faulkner

I remember being about 9 years old and looking out my bedroom window once and seeing a bird sitting on the dogs fence post. It was a lilac purple with long plumes coming off its tail. I ran around the house to the front door, to the back yard and it was gone. To this day, 15 years later, I still believe I saw it.... no such thing as cell phone pictures when I was a kid though.

March 26 2013 at 8:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dave7838ds

Obama's night out. Lookin for some strange.

March 26 2013 at 8:23 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
zoseph

Is that a barbecue grill?

March 26 2013 at 8:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michael R.

Jimmy Hoffa?

March 26 2013 at 8:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
James Scott

Looks like a chimp.

March 26 2013 at 8:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Steve

They any good eatn?

March 26 2013 at 8:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kleinzeit99

haven\'t you guys been paying attention...erik von daniken said that big foot was a tool of the aliens and being transported around by ufos...geesh, nobody listens anymore. or was that a plot to the six million dollar man? I forget, modern theories and cartoons all seem the same!

March 26 2013 at 6:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sammy7851

Thanks a lot guys , I don\'t talk about your mother like that.

March 26 2013 at 6:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply