Dog Saves French Woman From Suicide Attempt

the daily dish More on PawNation: Dogs, German Shepherd, Hero Pets, Relationship
AVIGNON, France, March 06, 2013 (AFP) - A French woman's loyal German Shepherd dog saved her from committing suicide by knocking aside a rifle she tried to fire into her heart, local police said.

The 63-year-old woman had walked into her garden in the southern town of Sorgues in the Vaucluse region, fired several test shots of a 22-calibre rifle and then turned the gun on her chest.

"At the moment she pulled the trigger, her dog jumped on her and diverted the shot," a local police officer told AFP, adding that the dog "probably sensed things and knocked into her to save her."

The woman was found by her husband, conscious but suffering from a chest wound. She was taken to hospital but her injury is not considered life-threatening.

ITALIAN DOG BECOMES FREQUENT CHURCH-GOER AFTER OWNER'S DEATH:

mgregor1111

this is really touching and profound, I shed a tear reading this..

May 04 2013 at 11:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mgregor1111

this is really beautiful and touching I almost shed a tear

May 04 2013 at 11:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
yukidongo1

There is one ruded troll on this string that needs to just go away. No point in being rude. God may not have saved the woman, but it wasn't the plan for her to die that day. Dogs are so intuitive. I believe there is a reason for everything that happens. There is a big plan, ultimately, though we choose the path. It wasn't her time to die.

March 08 2013 at 10:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pearl Nestor

I think God is very kind and very wise to give us pets in our lives. Animals are also a part of God's creation and they have a huge role to play on this Earth. There are certainly more of them than us, think of all the insects, fishes, dogs, cats, rodents, cattle, foxes, etc... that teems in billions on this Earth compared to our numbers. Our pets are with us daily, knowing us and how we live, they depend on us and we depend on them for their unconditional love. Not unusual at all that a pet could save an owner's life, it's happened time and time again.

March 08 2013 at 1:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
arsquash

I started believing in God, after living the most beautiful 13 yrs of my life with my German Shepard. He beat me hollow not only in looks, but his intelligence, astoundingly humane nature, proved to me that there had to be a God. God Bless his soul.

March 07 2013 at 9:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
arsquash

I started believing in God, after I lived the most beautiful 13 yrs of my life, with my German Shepard "FELIX". He beat me not only in looks, intelligence, but also in his astounding good nature. God bless his soul.

March 07 2013 at 9:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to arsquash's comment
neilross7700

I would say that if a dog made you believe in God then you are correct. It definitely had you beat in intelligence. Just saying...

March 08 2013 at 12:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lori

Dogs rule. Period. End of sentence.

March 07 2013 at 6:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bonnie Lill

Or just maybe God is really Dog spelled backwards? ;)

March 07 2013 at 6:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Bonnie Lill's comment
neilross7700

And LIVED is DEVIL spelled backwards! The plot sickens! I mean, thickens!

March 08 2013 at 12:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jbjg24m

one smart dog

March 07 2013 at 5:19 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
vjojobear

I've had Shepherds for over thirty years, and yes, they truly the greatest dogs. Now I only rescue them, middle age to senior, and they absolutely are the most intelligent and loyal of dogs. One dog I had in 1981 was blind, and I had put a gun to my head. He pulled it down. Boo the blind dog saved me so I could rescue so many more. Thank God for German Sheps.

March 07 2013 at 5:07 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply