Smart Cat Always Wins the Shell Game

the daily dish More on PawNation: Awesome, Cats, Cute, Funny, Talented, The Dish
If this kitty wants to run off to the circus, he already has an act. Meet Kido, the feline shell-game whiz. This snow-white beauty is not tricked by simple human sorcery, easily picking the right shell every time. Even when his owner speeds up the game and adds an extra cup, Kido easily conquers what has fooled so many.

The talented cat didn't always have a life full of naps and little games. According to the Daily Mail U.K., Kido was abandoned by his first two families before being rescued from the kill list by his current Brooklyn owners. It is always great to see an adorable kitty get another chance, especially when it leads to Internet video gold.

Meet the 50 Cutest Cats Of PawNation:

Janet Rockett

Too bad I didn't have that cat when I saw that guy hustling people in the subway....

January 16 2013 at 9:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Larry L Edwards (~=E

Actually, it's just another dumb-ass cat with a sharp sense of smell. He'll smell it every time.

January 16 2013 at 7:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
grneydmuse

Now that is one smart kitty....Go Kido!

January 16 2013 at 7:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
runtskyfiggle

And I always thought kitties weren't paying attention! Good thing they don't have thumbs or they'd take over the world!

January 16 2013 at 5:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
can516

cute as a student of animal behavior as assure u kitty was following the sound of the metal ball under the metal cup use a paper ball and kitty will get up, flip its tail at u (humans flip fingers)
and walk away bob as far as mind read and dogs i have no doubt u r right havestudied this for
yers and there is so much truth to it

January 16 2013 at 4:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
can516

that is relly cute. as a student of animal behavior for over 30 yrs with sevral degrees there is really no surprise here kitty just followed the sound of the metal ball under the metal cup good ears no more but piece of paper instead of balls and if i know cats, my favorite, he will just get up and walk away still cute

January 16 2013 at 4:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
trstrap

A future in 3 card monte awaits this gorgeous boy.

January 16 2013 at 4:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
contrump

I've had numerous cats over the years who were just as good at this game as this kitty. I'd line up about a dozen boots and have the cat's favorite toy in my hand. I'd slip my hand with the toy into every boot, dropping it in one of them. The cat found it every time. I think they must hear it, as this cat hears the bell. Anyway, it is certainly entertaining!

January 16 2013 at 4:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
meepstein

G-D should have made cats the dominant species

January 16 2013 at 4:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply