Photo Goes Viral: Little Boy & Puppy Napping Together

the daily dish More on PawNation: Cute, Dogs, Funny, Puppies, Relationship, The Dish
What happens when two of the world's cutest creations collide? Internet fame, of course! According to 9 News, a picture of a toddler and puppy taking a cuddly nap is quickly making its way around the Internet, thanks to Reddit.

boy dog nap

A user name Ocide posted the precious photo to Reddit on Monday with the caption, "My son and his puppy, friends for life."

Ocide was happy to share details about the snapshot with curious commenters, explaining the dog is a 4-month-old Husky Shepherd mix and that the boy, his son, is 14 months old.

While some people may worry about a young child getting so close to a dog, Ocide explains the duo's play time is closely supervised and always safe.

"The dog is extremely gentle with my son. I have to watch my boy as he can be a little rough sometimes. Doesn't understand yet that ears are to remain attached to the head," Ocide explained on Reddit.

Ocide was even obliging enough to post a video of the pair playing at a user's request.

This looks like a relationship that will easily grow into a man and his best friend.

Boy Has Friendship with Alphine Marmots:

Your Excellency

Natural behavior for a German Shepherd. He will be this childs best friend and protect him.

January 11 2013 at 3:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bonschwein

LOVE IT!!!!

January 09 2013 at 9:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
betty965

Baby human and his baby dog... I love their little happy noises. Best friends forever and ever. Daddy knew what he was doing when he got his son a four legged buddy. This made my day. God is good and babies (human and canine) are awesome!

January 09 2013 at 1:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Paula Haber

THIS IS THE WAY LIFE SHOULD BE.....

January 08 2013 at 9:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Trina

That is adorable. I can see the connection the two have. It's just like my 4yr old son and his kitty. That kitten follows him everywhere and my son is ever so gentle with him. Best decision I ever made in getting him his own kitten.

January 08 2013 at 8:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cruisbuf

by far the sweetest picture I have ever seen.

January 08 2013 at 6:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
crazypuppy

Took me back to when my boys (2 Human and 1 Canine) were little. Luckily my pup lived a long and healthy life. When he passed, my kids were in their twenties and couldn't remember life without him. Every child needs to adore a dog.

January 08 2013 at 6:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tennis Lucille

Adorable.....the innocence in the picture is priceless.....friends forever!!!

January 08 2013 at 6:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
violetdks

This is precious, they will be best of friends for all time. I like how they play together, the pup is doing his thing and the little boy is interested but not aggressive, how cute!

January 08 2013 at 4:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Vicki

That was adorable... Kids do need a dog in their lives... and dog's need kids in their lives. It's a great friendship for both... I grew up with dogs and my kids too.. A special bond, forever..

January 08 2013 at 3:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply