Woman Has Five Life-Size Tattoos of Deceased Cats

the daily dish More on PawNation: Awesome, Cats, Lifestyle, Relationship, Tattoos, The Dish
Animal lovers say pets always leave a mark on your heart, but cat owner Fran Bailey went a bit further. According to The Mirror, Bailey has the faces of her five now-deceased cats tattooed on her back.

Bailey said she made the choice to keep her cats with her permanently because she always wants to remember them. Life-size images of the 23-year-old's five cats - Tinky, Woody, Mr. Brush, Mr. Spock and Bella - cover Bailey's back, going shoulder blade to shoulder blade.

Always an animal lover, Bailey has dedicated her life to helping needy kitties enjoy their last days. All of the owner's felines have been extremely ill animals.

"I adopt sick cats because I wanted them to have somewhere to go. I took them home so they could live out their last days in comfort," Bailey told The Mirror. "If I keep going, tattooing all the pets I will have in my lifetime, I'd just be covered in cats."

The tat-and-cat enthusiast started her ink off small. Bailey's first feline tattoo was a set of tiny paw prints. As time went on, she expanded the design to fit in portraits of each of her fur babies to match their personalities.

Bailey currently owns five new felines. She plans on honoring them symbolically when they pass (instead of getting inked five more times). While Bailey's tattoo tribute may seem unusual to some, she said that most animal lovers understand the emotion behind her ink

Awkward Families & Their Pets:

Christi Pawli

I think they are wonderful. I love all my cats, but I think I would just do their names I don't have enough space to put all that I have. Tattoos are a great way to memorialize someone you love.

January 03 2013 at 9:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Elijah Greenleaf

"Do not cut your bodies for the dead and do not mark your skin with tattoos...." Lev. 19:28, The Holy Bible.

January 03 2013 at 8:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Elijah Greenleaf's comment
badmoons

and the Bible was written by a bunch of dead men, over many different centuries. also the translation is not correct nor will it ever be. I think it is wonderful what she did. I will probably get my Ms Pib done that way instead of getting her stuffed.

January 04 2013 at 8:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
hjeffr3855

Just imageine her love for these poor animals and maybe you will understand

January 03 2013 at 8:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jettiestar

She should sue the "artist" who did her tattoos because they look like complete ****.

January 03 2013 at 7:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nikki

I think it's so sweet! But definitely not news.

January 03 2013 at 6:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
backindeussr

Skanky h0 and her nasty tats...just sooo newsworthy

January 03 2013 at 5:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to backindeussr's comment
SJ

Really? You do know this is a site for pets and pet lovers right? This is completely news worthy for this site and she made a sweet gesture, something I'm sure you know nothing about. Why don't you go back to ghetto where people are impressed with that type of talk. You seem far skankier then her.

January 04 2013 at 11:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply