3. Stow the chemicals
Cats and dogs like the sweet taste of antifreeze (ethylene glycol), so clean up spills promptly. "Even a teaspoon is potentially lethal," says R. J. Krapfl, DVM, an Omaha veterinarian and spokesperson for the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA).
Consider switching to less toxic propylene glycol–based brands. If you suspect that your dog or cat has ingested antifreeze, call your veterinarian immediately. To prevent accidental poisoning of animals, use animal-friendly antifreeze that contains propylene glycol. (Pet dangers lurk inside your home, too
14 Winter Safety Tips For Pets
Around The Web