Humpbacks Up Close & Personal, Filmed By Father-Daughter Duo

the daily dish More on PawNation: Awesome, Fish and Marine, The Dish, Whales
We rarely get to appreciate how large and beautiful whales are firsthand. And while watching Discovery's Planet Earth or Blue Planet is one way to get a whale fix, this is a whole different monster.

A father and his daughter are surrounded and greeted by humpback whales while vacationing near Fraser Island -- a site off the coast of Australia known for whale watching. This family got a rare, lucky glimpse of some giant friends. via Telegraph

Watch more Discovery Curiosity video here.

IT'S MOBY DICK! RARE WHITE HUMPBACK WHALE SPOTTED NEAR NORWAY:

RELATED LINKS:

Beluga Whale Serenaded by Santa

N
avy To Lay Off Dolphins

Largest Predator Performs Acrobatics To Feed

phatboarder333

giggity

December 08 2012 at 9:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ninastinson

I don't know why this kid was freaking out so much... It clearly wasn't going to hurt them. It's a whale. It was curious. SMH.

December 08 2012 at 9:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Charles

More evidence that the Creator is brilliant beyond our keen. Very humbling. Wow....

December 08 2012 at 7:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
solomeeo

I woul love getting that close to a whale, such beautiful creatures. However, I know I would absolutely pee my pants! LOL

December 08 2012 at 5:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
The Deels

gentle giants! It take man to destroy something so beautiful.

December 08 2012 at 5:02 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
HKC

Now it makes me to think a 100,000,000 times before go for a Sea Swim....Whoaaaa

December 08 2012 at 1:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply