Crocodile Tries to Crash a Lion's Dinner Party

the daily dish More on PawNation: Cats, Crocodiles, Exotic, Funny, Lions, Weird, Wild Animals
According to the Daily Mail U.K., an uninvited and rather unexpected guest showed up to a lion's dinner party near the banks of a river in Zambia. Who was it? None other than a hungry crocodile wanting to get in on some of the lions' antelope meat.

Photographer Oli Dreike was able to capture the stunned and surprised faces of the lions when the scaly stranger showed up to their feast.

Dreike, who witnessed the entire event, said, "The cats were so engrossed in their meal, that it took them a while to realize that they had an uninvited table guest. The huge crocodile that lives in the channel that runs through camp had smelt its opportunity and decided to try its luck at grabbing a piece of the action."

How did they react? Just like any of us would have! Their human-like expressions truly show the lions' confusion about the crocodile. Two adult female lionesses had just killed an impala (or African antelope) and were about to feed their cubs.

Fred, the Nile crocodile named by residents of South Luangwa, Zambia, was brave and unafraid. He approached the lionesses with absolutely no worry.

Right when Fred opened up his jaws, onw lioness, angry with the intruder, began to claw and bite at him. The lionesses stared down Fred to make sure he knew he couldn't come back. Fred finally got the point and headed back to the river for safety.

Dreike was thrilled to have captured the moment. "I could not believe what I had just seen, let alone been able to film and photograph it."

Lion Cub Meets Dad For First Time:

Angela

I need more info on brown recluse and black widow spiders. The outside of my house is covered in spider webs and now I have been finding spiders entering the inside too. I have a small dog and a cat too. They will play with anything that moves. please help me with info on these spiders. my email address is scofienscout1@aol.com asap! IM VERY SCARED FOR THEM AND MYSELF. I HAVE BEEN BITTEN BEFORE PLEASE HELP ME

July 30 2013 at 5:53 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Angela's comment
Trish

My husband was bitten by a brown recluse and within 24 hours, showed signs of fever, headache and chills, much like flu symptoms. He had a pimple looking mark on his upper arm. Within 48 hours, I was rushing him to the hospital and he was so sick, he lay down in the waiting room floor. The DR said if he hadn't been as large as he is, he might have died. It took weeks of antibiotics for him to recover. The brown recluse usually lives in undisturbed places like, basements, closets, attics, etc. It's brown in color and has a violin shape on it's back. I don't think they would be outside your home but if you're in doubt, call the exterminator and have them check. I hope this was helpful.

August 01 2013 at 2:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gregoryaharrison

I was just biten by a brown recluse....terrible ordeal and it was behind my knee. four months later it still hurts mainly due to location. ER said I might lose my lower rt leg.
First two months were very painful recovery due to amount of skin removed and wound was open and no stiches, etc.
I would be afraid to spray with poison inside my house due to cats inside. I bombed my garage however and sprayed outside with flea and spider kill from Lowes. I sprayed the perimeter of home and doorway sill plates....don't go nuts with the spray as you will kill innocent and good insects like praying mantis, etc.

September 25 2013 at 9:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
douttfire

"No eating here tonight...I said, No eating here tonight....you're on a diet!"

July 25 2013 at 10:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jesus is my life

"We're sorry, the video you are trying to view is no longer available.' WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 24 2013 at 5:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Jesus is my life's comment
contempdude

its on youtube..look it up by the same title

July 31 2013 at 10:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
firstnamemarya

That's ok I TALK TO HIM EVERY DAY

August 02 2013 at 4:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Velocity105

See ya later alligator.

July 15 2013 at 5:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cory

The video you are trying to watch is currently unavailable. Hey, if you morons are going to put videos on your site, you ought to actually have the video.

February 22 2013 at 8:19 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
redmond352

This should put an end to the notion that lions are more ferocious than tigers. In a video clip I've seen taken in India a lone female tiger takes on a 13 foot crocodile and kills it. No second chances for the croc; she just ripped it apart and ended its life once and for all. Here multiple lionesses let the same type of creature get away.

December 01 2012 at 2:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Glenn

Hey, crocodile or human, these things can happen when parents fail to teach their kids not to play with their food......

November 16 2012 at 1:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Evie

you people turning this into a political rant need to get some counceling. This article isn't related to politics or political parties. Its animals being animals and last time I checked there were no political parties favored by either lions or croc or jungles. I'm not going to call you guys idiots or morons because you guys are dilusional with politics.just be aware of what its doing to you.

November 02 2012 at 2:07 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
mjh6

"smelt" Seriously? The word is smelled.

October 22 2012 at 1:44 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to mjh6's comment
Joe Be

I checked Dictionary.com.
Smelt:
verb
a simple past tense and past participle of smell.
Example:
Rose had smelt his breath and discerned only a chronic and lingering halitosis.

November 11 2012 at 12:49 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Joe Be's comment
contempdude

smelt is actually british english and not usually accepted as english english...lol
..in english a smelt is a little fish or some crap

July 31 2013 at 10:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down
contempdude

sorry..guess i should have said "american"english instead of english english

July 31 2013 at 10:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down
Richard Ware

The lioness looked at the crock and the crock said I'M getting my ass outer here because I don't want to be lion food and the second lioness said "WISE CHOICE, because if we have to kick your ass you will be the next meal."

October 20 2012 at 12:48 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply