I used K9 Advantix 2 on my dog and it was a disaster! my dog became very sick for a week and is finally starting to come around. I had to bath the dog in Dawn to help combat the effects of this product. All I can say is DONT PUT YOURSELF OR YOUR DOG THROUGH THIS PAIN its nt worth it. I will never put another flea product on my dog as long as I have her.
dog food for dogs, human food for humans. would you eat your dog's food. now how simple is that for you idiots out there that would feed your animals food that is poisonous to them.
HEY> Why don't you lick your own BUTT. SAME AS LICKING YOUR BRAIN _ IF YOU HAVE ONE AND CAN FIND IT. If not try draining yourself in the pool or toilet!
i don't know why people want to argue about what is ok to feed pets..there are tons of reports and studies on it..read them and don't try to think you know more about it than the studies
HUMANS ARE FRIGEN IDIOTS and unfortunately their pets pay the cost! You think we make this stuff up because we are bored. No, quite a lot of research, study and trials have gone into this into. Those in this field, have seen toooo much suffering and heartbreak FROM OWNERS THAT ACTUALLY CARE about their pets, some think of them AS FAMILY MEMBERS! That is why we work so hard to learn what is best, what is harmful, and what is just ok but "not great".The rest of you punks, do what you want - you will anyway. You think you are bullet proof ... because you didn't get caught in THE ACT ( of feeding what YOU KNOW IS WRONG, speeding, being late to work, sleeping with your wife's BFF, etc). But Karma is a bitch, my friend! And to put it in a lingo you might understand ... THERE AIN'T NO FREE LUNCH, THE BILL WILL COME ONE DAY (and your poor pet's liver will be CRAP after years of abuse). He won't have the strength to fight and he/she WILL die. How sad. Your pet deserves a better owner than YOU.
Funny I watched dogs tear apart a garbage cans and eat anything they could find then turn around and lick their but.
they are trying to get the taste out of their mouths...
i give raisins ans avocados to my dogs all the time, i feed them organic foods, and i never had a problem with them giving them these 2 things!!! i wish they could explain WHY these 2 are harmful. fir sure they are not POISONOUS cuz my dogs are alive and in great health!! i give them fish oil and other supplements too. and i cook them amazing organic stews that i mix with they organic dry food. i use "PARTY ANIMAL" organic dry dog food. it has amazing ingredients and its very well priced.
You have been lucky. So far. In the end, your dogs are the ones who will pay the price, though.The exact toxin in grapes/raisins is still not known. It is also not know just how many it takes to produce a toxic reaction. The result, however, is acute kidney failure, which may or may not be treatable, depending on the size of the dog and the amount of toxin the dog ingested. It is often fatal.Avocado contains the toxin PERSIN. This is generally harmless to humans, but can be toxic to cats and dogs because of the differences in their livers. The general symptoms of avocado toxicity are vomiting and diarrhea. It is rarely lethal.This is well documented. You can live in denial all you want, but when the day comes that you have a pet that has a problem because of them, don't cry "I didn't know." because now you do. There is absolutely NO GOOD REASON to give your dogs grapes, raisins, and avocado. There are plenty of other foods that are more nutritious and not toxic. Why in the world would you take the chance?
One of my dogs had fever, I was giving tylenol....one vet told me NOT to give dogs (don't know about cats?) but since I had given one or two doses, I figured ~WELL it is OK......then another vet, TOOK the time to EXPLAIN to my stupid self that they cannot "process" it and it builds up in their liver and eventually when getting to toxic level.......WILL KILL THEM!! Take heed.....It may not harm them the first time or the tenth time, BUT at some point.......!
I have an avacado tree in my back yard and my dogs have been eating avacados for 10 years now. Still going strong. From what I understand, or have read once or twice, its the seeds that are bad, but not sure. I have been a vet tech for 12 years and my Dr. does all procedures for his employees for free, so if my pets were to get sick, he takes care of them no charge. Oddly enough, they never get sick and are tough as nails. I'm not arguing its good to give these, but my dogs have no problem. One is 13. No kidney failure. But I have seen it all. I have seen a dog eat a bag of chocolate and not have one side effect, and i have seen a dog eat very little and come in needing I.V. Fluids. I Just think these articles bump it up a notch
coffee has the same chemicals in it that make chocolate toxic (methylxanthines).
Has anyone found the 10 things harmful to your dog? It is like an Easter Egg hunt--then I get frustrated and move to another post on AOL..
Dogs and cats love the smell of car anti-freeze. If there is a few drops on the side of the jug they will bite through the container to get to the rest of it. We all know that it is very toxic but your pet loves it for some reason.
I KNOW!! For YEARS, DECADES, people have used the sweet tasting elixir to murder people and we cannot know how many pets have fallen victim......WHY oh WHY has the EPA NOT "REGULATED" this???? They should have FORCED the industry to ADD something into it to repel the taste!!! a VERY LONG time ago....