Dog Attack Leaves 10 People Injured in Hastings, UK

the daily dish More on PawNation: Attack, Dogs, Sad
Two men have been charged following a violent dog attack by two Bull Terriers that left 10 people injured, three of them needing plastic surgery. According to The (U.K.) Daily Mail, the victims suffered serious injuries. One man lost parts of his buttocks and leg.

It began Sunday night on a quiet road in a residential neighborhood in Hastings, East Sussex, England. Two dogs escaped onto the street and began attacking every person in their path.

A child was the first victim to be attacked. Luckily, he was able to fight the dogs off with his scooter. Next was Sharon Mosley and her daughter. The dogs continued to attack until they were seized.

By the time officers arrived on the scene, one of the dogs had already been captured in a crate. The second was contained by a dog unit with the assistance of police.

RELATED: Dogs attack and chase children.

Witnesses described the dogs as "foaming at the mouth."

Hastings' district police commander Heather Keating said, "This was an incredibly distressing incident and quick work from members of the public and officers at the scene meant that the incident was quickly brought under control."

The first man who was arrested was a 22-year-old held on suspicion of allowing the dogs to be dangerously out of control. He is in police custody. The second was 21-year-old Spencer Brown, who is charged with six counts of owning a dog dangerously out of control in a public space.

Dog Bites Man's Nose Off and More Scary Attacks:

Abdullah Nasher

normally dogs are not risky,however, they are better off to be kept away_just far away ;in their animal kingdom's wild and rude zone; that is, neither to be adored, unless they are real very tiny and utterly cute; nor to be hated. a purposeful approach to their present into urban zone,residential monuments and households is approved to be the most secure one in history of civilization!
megaswf.com/serve/92822/

August 16 2012 at 12:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
GGOLDS5

The breed has little to do with anything. Yes some breeds can be trained to fight or show aggressive behavior then some others. However, if trained to be sweet and loving a "pit" can be just as wonderful and loyal as any other dog. Why does the media always get away with spreading irresponsible and potentially life changing information without repercussion?

July 24 2012 at 11:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to GGOLDS5's comment
sweetgeorgiapeach

I totally agree with you

July 25 2012 at 12:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
haa1248

@HotShot1499
the irony is that the pitbull picture that they used is probably some stock photo of a guy with a normal, well trained, good tempered pit at the park

July 24 2012 at 4:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
HotShot1499

@haa1248

Yeah its pretty sad that an animal website can't even tell the difference between two dog breeds that look nowhere near similar to each other.

July 24 2012 at 4:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
haa1248

why does this article have a picture of a pitbull if it states that the attack was made by "two bull terriers"? a bull terrier and pit bull are two completely different looking breeds. unfortunately fueling the pitbull stigma strikes again =/

July 24 2012 at 3:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jmg62

Indeed I agree with jemteku - I've had a Boxer/Pitt for years - and would get another in a heartbeat. My pet is always under my control weather leash, lead, chain, or near me to "do his business" and then back in the house. I take him to a place at night I let him run off his energy and walk him 4-6 times a day. He's never gone after anyone - and indeed I thank God because he was a pup in Michael Vick's dog fighting tournament circle but too young - but was never "blooded". He was a pup found under his mother's dead body. He's a licker - not a fighter - but anyone with any kind of canine need look for precursors to "Attack Mode" as I call it - and a quick smack in front of their back legs regain their attention and therefore to commands I give him. He might still chase bunnies and squirrels - but he likes humans. Other dogs,...not so much - but I have him on a leash normally - because I don't want him harming - or getting harmed - by another canine. It's just common sense. He's my Babe.

July 24 2012 at 3:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jemteku

Do not blame the breed, blame the stupid owner. Now these dogs are doomed, because they were owned by a stupid person who did not have the IQ required to own a potentially dangerous dog. I am also angry that the children involved in this incident will be terrified of dogs now. Stupid jerk. I wish they had bitten him instead, several times.

July 24 2012 at 2:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply