Survey Says Men and Women Attracted by Certain Dog Breeds

the daily dish More on PawNation: Breeds, Dating, Dogs, Psychology, Relationship

Some guys go for blonds, some go for brunettes and others are into redheads. And then there are guys who are attracted to Golden Retrievers. According to a survey of 1,000 people conducted by Kloof (a mobile app for pet lovers) and published in the Miami Herald, when it comes to dating, the top dog breed for women to attract men is the Golden Retriever, followed closely by Labrador Retrievers, Chihuahuas, Poodles and Beagles.

For men looking to woo the ladies, the top breed likely to attract a potential girlfriend is the German Shepherd. Similar to their male counterparts, women are also enamored by men who own Golden Retrievers and Labrador Retrievers, as well as Huskies and French Bulldogs.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/06/11/2843479/dating-101-the-pet-factor.html#storylink=cpy

The Kloof survey also noted that although men are likely to date a woman who owns a Chihuahua, they often enter into the relationship thinking the woman is "easy" or "dumb." Similarly, a woman might find a man who owns a Pit Bull to be "slimy" or "sketchy," whereas a guy with a Siberian Husky or German Shepherd is viewed as "masculine."

What do you think? Are these "best breeds for dating" just stereotypes, or is there some truth in the survey's observations? Let us know your opinion in the comments below.

Get more interesting dog facts:

crushage

i actually get turned on when a woman has a rescue dog--no matter how ugly it is. That shows me she cares about animals. Having a German Shepherd makes a guy look masculine? More like makes him look like a douche trying too hard to pick up women. I like small dogs and don't give a rats ass what girls think.

June 14 2012 at 3:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rptaylor414

The picture used for the poodle (sun glasses, orange spike collar) is a bichon frise. Immeasurably better than a poodle.

June 14 2012 at 2:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Theresa Weaver

I really couldn't care less about the breed of dog a man has. There are two things I do care about.

First, how does he treat the dog? How a person treats animals usually shows you how he or she will treat people. If he's a caring and compassionate dog owner, then he will more likely be a caring and compassionate boyfriend.

Second, how well is the dog trained? To dote on a dog is one thing, but the man really needs to take the time to make sure the dog is disciplined and well trained. A dog that is well-balanced and trained shows that the man is willing to invest time with his dog. That, in turn, will mean that he's more likely to invest in creating a healthy relationship. If a dog is aggressive, not house broken, not well-mannered, or an incessant barker without the man making an effort to really invest in working on those things, he is likely not one to really commit to a relationship.

June 14 2012 at 2:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kyoto15613

I'm a dachshund gal. There's something about the cuteness, intelligence, and stubbornness that reminds me of my boyfriend.

June 14 2012 at 2:03 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
kyoto15613

I'm a dachshund gal. I have three of them. There's something about the cuteness, intelligence, and stubbornness that reminds me of my boyfriend.

June 14 2012 at 2:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
yavinmiz1977

I think it's pathetic that either sex needs to use a pet as a tool to meet someone, it just shows lack of confidence. It's like people using their cell phones when they are out in public as a security blanket. "GOD FORBID I'M SEEN ALONE WALKING IN PUBLIC !!!!"

June 14 2012 at 1:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
barre gal

I am a Great Pyrenees type of gal no little scrawny dogs for me. I love to bury my nose into her fur and massive head. She is my protector and best bud!

June 14 2012 at 1:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sq971

Nothing more to say because you said it all and with great Grace!

June 14 2012 at 1:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
budshort

The didn't even mention the popular Boston Terrier. They burp, they fart, they snore, they are the ultimate "MAN'S" dog. Sitting on the couch with my Boston at my side, I can blame the dog for any sounds that come from that direction (and most of the time it IS the dog!)

June 14 2012 at 1:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jay

They're pretty rare but the sheer beauty of our Finnish Spitz attracted all sorts of attention. A very fine, sweet tempered and fun breed.

June 14 2012 at 11:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply