Do Pets Think That They Are Human?
RELATED: Play the Who's Cutest Game Now!
In my experience in communicating with all species of animals, especially when it comes to the dog world, some do actually think of themselves as an equal counterpart to their owners. What they enjoy most is being a part of the day-to-day life experiences with their human.
Here are a few very human-like requests I've heard from pets:
- They'd like their bed to be washed two to three times per week and without a perfume smell.
- They know when you're in a hurry, rushing to put food in their bowl before you head out the door. That's why they will request to be fed by hand or for some quality dining time with their human.
- They strut their stuff when you buy them a cute sweater or dress, because it makes them feel even more special.
- They often ask that their water dish be cleaned in the morning and later in the day. They don't like drinking slobbery water, which is why you will sometimes find them drinking from your glass.
- You will find them sleeping in your bed under the covers with their head propped up on your pillow, with or without you in the same bed.
- Some pets like to look after and nurture their owners. They lick your tears, alert you when they sense you might have a health condition, and may even share similar health issues to their human.
RELATED: Read More About Pet Psychic Patrice Ryan
While people often express concern that their dogs might not be too smart, from the pet's point of view, their life mission is being able to enjoy the simple pleasures of life without having a worry in the world.
The more we pamper our pets, the more human-like they become.
RELATED: Learn About the 'Tails' of Super Hero Pets