7 Reasons To Adopt A Puppy With Your Partner
Adopting a puppy together could do wonders for your relationship. Why? Let's put aside the fact that puppies are adorable, because that's a given. There are more great reasons to get a puppy with your partner:
RELATED: Learn More About Adoption
1. It's an opportunity to take care of a living thing without taking on the major responsibilities of having children. Taking care of a puppy or other pet together can either serve as practice for having kids - or teach you that you don't actually ever want to procreate.
RELATED: Selena Gomez & Justin Bieber's Puppy Love: Too Young to Adopt?
2. When you're taking care of a puppy as a couple, it distracts you from petty relationship problems and brings you closer together.
3. With a puppy, you don't feel as lonely when your partner is out of town.
4. If you have a great name that just won't work for a kid, you can name the dog that.
RELATED: How Training Your Pet Can Also Teach Your Children
5. As self-help guru Hugh Prather said, "Love expands." Adding a puppy to your love-fest means more love all around.
6. A lot of dogs are living in animal shelters and are in need of care. By adopting a puppy, you'll be doing a good deed together. Go to PetFinder.com to find a shelter near you.
7. Justin and Selena did it.
Do you think owning a pet can help your relationship? Sound off in the comments.
Around The Web