Cat Pees on Laptop and Sets Home Ablaze
The owners of a gated-community home in Gold Coast, Queensland were not so lucky last week.
According to the Sindh Today, the blaze broke out on the second floor of the lavish house at around 9 a.m. on July 5th, gutting a decent portion of the house before firefighters managed to extinguish the flames. Luckily, damage was limited to the second floor where the fire originated. Two teenage boys were able to escape with their family cats. One of the boys suffered significant smoke inhalation, but is fine after treatment. Neither of the boys' parents were home at the time of the fire, and there were no other injuries.
Nothing so unusual about this particular house fire yet, right?
House fires might start due to a frayed wire, an unattended candle, a sleepy smoker, an errant hotplate. In this case, firefighters traced the fire to a laptop computer in the home. Spontaneous laptop combustion? Not so, say the teenage residents of the home. Though their cats normally are outdoor cats, one of them apparently took exception to being let out that day. According to the boys, the cat found a way back into the house and expressed its displeasure by relieving itself on the laptop -- and as we already know, liquids and electronics don't mix. A smoke alarm engaged shortly after and chased the boys out of the house... with the firebug feline in tow.
How many other house-fire victims do you know about who took the time to rescue the arsonist while escaping their flame-engulfed home?